Good epub reader?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I got hooked on BookViser because it can read/download epub books from my Dropbox. Freda can too but I chose to stick with BookViser since my paid version of Freda + somehow VANISHED and they won't fix it.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Freda has some formatting issues to sort out still, a few of my epubs just look horrible with every word appearing to be double spaced. From the ones I've tried the best one so far is Overlook. It has no options to speak of, and you have to open epub's directly from skydrive or the file explorer, but so far everything I've opened has been formatted correctly.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I got hooked on BookViser because it can read/download epub books from my Dropbox. Freda can too but I chose to stick with BookViser since my paid version of Freda + somehow VANISHED and they won't fix it.

Except this is about the Windows RT / Windows 8 version.

Freda has major issues still, but it's the best there is so far.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys... couldn't find bookviser though. I hope Microsoft adds epub to its reader app eventually because they need a good ibooks replacement

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you contact me already for help with that issue? Anyhow, do email support@turnipsoft.co.uk, and I'll see what I can do.

BTW, as far as I am aware, Bookviser doesn't support DropBox, only SkyDrive. Or is there a recent update that I maybe haven't seen yet?

Correct. It IS Skydrive. I tried to get help with it but when I got no response I dropped it and decided that was my last purchase with Freda.

mojook

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I would love to have Aldiko on Windows RT. Of all the ebook readers on the various platforms, I really liked Aldiko - plus I downloaded a plugin to sync the books to my dropbox.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I would love to have Aldiko on Windows RT. Of all the ebook readers on the various platforms, I really liked Aldiko - plus I downloaded a plugin to sync the books to my dropbox.

Aldiko is great! It would be awesome to see it here. I also really like moon reader a lot!

Justin Goss

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, I too have been feverishly looking for an ePub reader that supports internal hyperlinks and highlighting. I finally found one tonight.
It is called Fiction Reader and can be found in the Microsoft Store. It does cost a couple bucs, but can be downloaded as a trial with full functionality. So far, it works without hiccup and I can navigate easily. Give it a try.
Justin

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I too have been feverishly looking for an ePub reader that supports internal hyperlinks and highlighting. I finally found one tonight.
It is called Fiction Reader and can be found in the Microsoft Store. It does cost a couple bucs, but can be downloaded as a trial with full functionality. So far, it works without hiccup and I can navigate easily. Give it a try.
Justin
yeah I bought this one and it is definetly the closest to working the best. Just needs notes added, and some bug fixes that are really annoying, like if you click on a link while in the book and then go back to the same spot where you left off all of a sudden it changes the format, like the same writing before the link is on the right side of the page and the pictures are in different areas. It is very close to being the one I use.

I also really like book because highlighting is much easier and it has notes but you can't rearrange the format of the page like margins. So again very close but not quite there. I think unfortunately this is just going to be a waiting game. I think within a month or two we will get the bugs fixed and will have some really good choices for readers.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Freda here is not working... I tried to open one ePub and the dots on the black screen keep spinning and nothing happens!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786