Split Screen Metro IE Pages

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes. For instance I want to watch a tv show (streaming in browser) and browse the web at the same time. Both in metro of course.

novozavod

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess you can download one of the third party browsers and use it along with IE in split view which will provide the exact effect you want

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried doing this last night. I'm disappointed to see it cannot be done at the moment.
so you are reviving a 1+ year old thread? I dont even care about this forum anymore. but i just logged in to tell you it can be done.

for example open 2 tabs Bing and Twitch or you know, whatever. now right click in either tab "open in new window" and it will "instance" the tab in a split view. and it will like mirror the opposite tab in a blue colored tab, thats like the way you manage what you see in the opposite window. and if you close it, you will close the window... simple as that

if you right click in a link you can do the same, open in new window.
if you go to another app, it will just want to raplce one of the IE windows opened, and then you only need to click the "blue" colored tab and it will go to split again.
and you can open more modern IE windows this way, it gets little messy, but the blue colored tab is the way you manage them, to open new tabs and such.

I dont know what you tried... but this is the way you opened more IE windows in 8.1 and it has worked since preview I think. if more apps can support this, so lets hope they do, it would be useful for text programs like "code writer" or something like that, or image editing app and stuff like that.anyway, im off! log out again and keep reading offline ;) I just wanted to say it can be done, especially when you are reviving and old thread, and you seem not to test it the right way.

ChrisDyeAnne

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
so you are reviving a 1+ year old thread? I dont even care about this forum anymore. but i just logged in to tell you it can be done.

for example open 2 tabs Bing and Twitch or you know, whatever. now right click in either tab "open in new window" and it will "instance" the tab in a split view. and it will like mirror the opposite tab in a blue colored tab, thats like the way you manage what you see in the opposite window. and if you close it, you will close the window... simple as that

if you right click in a link you can do the same, open in new window.
if you go to another app, it will just want to raplce one of the IE windows opened, and then you only need to click the "blue" colored tab and it will go to split again.
and you can open more modern IE windows this way, it gets little messy, but the blue colored tab is the way you manage them, to open new tabs and such.

I dont know what you tried... but this is the way you opened more IE windows in 8.1 and it has worked since preview I think. if more apps can support this, so lets hope they do, it would be useful for text programs like "code writer" or something like that, or image editing app and stuff like that.anyway, im off! log out again and keep reading offline ;) I just wanted to say it can be done, especially when you are reviving and old thread, and you seem not to test it the right way.

MINE BLOWN. I've been trying to do this for weeks! Didn't think it would be so simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon