increasing speaker volume

jonldevries

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
i was attempting to watch a movie last night and the volume was to low

So I started messing with the speaker properties in the control panel and was able to boost the percentage in the mixer from 96 to 100

Also, which helped alot was to turn on loudness equalization in the ehancements tab of the speaker properties. I reduced the release time to short

If anyone else can try these to confirm it makes the surface louder

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
i was attempting to watch a movie last night and the volume was to low

So I started messing with the speaker properties in the control panel and was able to boost the percentage in the mixer from 96 to 100

Also, which helped alot was to turn on loudness equalization in the ehancements tab of the speaker properties. I reduced the release time to short

If anyone else can try these to confirm it makes the surface louder

I can confirm that this works. Google searched this very problem and found your post. Thank you very much for your tip. I really like my Surface. Wished the speakers were louder though. ��

jonldevries

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
i have also been hitting configure on the speaker page and allowing full range on the speakers (it is in the wizard screen #2) i think that also helps

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome. Enabling the loudness equalization setting made my speakers IMMENSELY better. That was one of my biggest complaints with the Surface RT.

Thanks so much for posting this!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Clicking the loudness equalization box makes the sound go down. I use it on my media center pc all it does it keep all the sounds around the same level. It's mostly for video with spoken words vs music or those annoying TV programs and loud *** commercials.

jonldevries

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This is my second device, on the first one I did what I reported, my second one I did the configure and it helps

It also seems to be app specific or the encoding of the video

So I think there are some things we can do but I think the bad design is that the speakers point to the side, if you turn the device they are quite load

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss