how to Music with screen off

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to press the power button or close he touch cover and have the music play.

I have my screen set to never shut off, because I read a lot and get distracted a lot. on my ipad I can just press the power button cant do it on my surface...well im sure I can but have not figured out how.

pstork

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just started the music playing and then hit the power button to put it to sleep. Screen went dark and music kept playing. I haven't done it for an extended period but it seems to work. I do have my screen set to turn off after a few minutes. But this is using the power button not waiting for it to time out.

markjreardon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Stutters but only when email arrives....

So with the hurricane out of the way I tried an experiment... Started Xbox Music to stream Pat Metheny...got the music going, then hit the physical power button to put the unit in sleep mode - music streamed the entire album . However did notice minor stuttering / distortion whenever I got an incoming email... Music streamed without stutters when the Surface was in 'awake' with email and word processing running...

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same issue. it will play for 30 seconds then cut out then fade back in and stutter the out again.

very annoying, any insight into this would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos