Blotchy Photos-Videos on Surface?

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my 64gb Surface today and evrything seems to be working perfectly apart from the screen.

All photos and videos looks very blotchy and highly saturated. It looks like photos and videos has been taken using very low res camera. There is absolutly no gradience anywhere. I checked all setting and even re-set the device but problem is still there.

Does anyone has any idea what causing it? is there any fix for this or have I got a faulty screen? :(

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Are only photos and videos affected? Nothing else? If so it's something other than the screen.

Tapatalked
Looks like only photos and videos affected. Photos in photo foloder or any news app or Bing Daily, all affected. Videos in video folder or on youtube, all affected.

One other thing I have noticed is that 2 live tiles, both has dark purple colour, Bing Daily and Video - both tiles has some vertical bending on right edge of the tiles around 5-6mm wide.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like only photos and videos affected. Photos in photo foloder or any news app or Bing Daily, all affected. Videos in video folder or on youtube, all affected.

One other thing I have noticed is that 2 live tiles, both has dark purple colour, Bing Daily and Video - both tiles has some vertical bending on right edge of the tiles around 5-6mm wide.

Hmm. Smells like some kind of other hardware or software failure. If it was only the screen that were faulty it would show up anywhere and don't take screen content into mind. I would contact the place you bought it from

Tapatalked

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Tapatalked, My suspicion is that something wrong with graphic card and somehow it is falling to render image correctly.

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Update : Ok, spoke to MS Surface support yesterday, they are sending out replacement unit from Germany (?) "under - Surface, In Warranty Advanced Exchange". No fuss, no hassle - one happy MS fan here . It should arrive in next 3-5 working days. They are only sending 64gb Surface (keeping type cover) and holding ?439.20 (?366+vat) on my CC until they receive faulty unit back (within 15 days - at one stage I was told 30 days, but later in conversation it changed to 15 days???).

If anyone is curious about the return process - There will be return lable with replacement unit and once I am ready to send it back, either I can drop it off to nearest UPS depot myself or I can call UPS and they will come and pick it up.

btw, I am in London,UK.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720