How is your surface battery life?

migespy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like external hdd was my culprit. Even though I wasn't accessing anything on it, it was draining battery quicker.

yaoye78

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Something must be draining the battery.

Mine is much better than I would expect. After a full day of heavy use (2-3 hours of gaming, 2.5 hours of movie streaming, several hour's web browsing, 100% brightness, turns nothing off), still 20%...

p.s there is an update being pushed out today, maybe it will help...

KB 2756872 Improvements
This cumulative update includes the following performance and reliability improvements:
?Increased power efficiency to extend battery life
?Performance improvements in Windows 8 applications and Start screen
?Improved audio and video playback in many scenarios
?Improved application and driver compatibility with Windows 8

Captain_J

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is just okay. Writing a lab report using the type cover, wif oni, 40% brightness, no music and little multi-tasking gets me about 6.5hrs to shutdown. Better than my old laptop but still meh..

12hrs connected standby idle drain is usually 5-10%. I think airplane mode helps reduce this.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
A bit faster than my iPad 2 but it also does more in terms of multitasking so it seems like a fair trade off.

I do have to note just how fast this sucker charges though.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I get a day's use off it. By use I mean ~ 6 hours of intensive app use with screen on. On a work day that might be an hour or two of skype or lync video (meetings... ugh) and/or video out presentations, 1-3 hours of one note or office app use, email/calendar, and the rest browsing or information display (kindle app - ebook reference material - awesome) and then an hour or so of entertainment use in the evening.

I don't leave it off charger overnight - I need a full battery when I start the day (and LiPoly batteries don't like to be deep cycled.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon