Did you buy the 32GB or 64GB Surface?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Think I know what you are referring too and yes it does delete them after some time but no one has offered up what that timeframe is. This was discussed during the whole storagegate on various sites. When you download a new version of the app the previous version hangs around for a bit.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Think I know what you are referring too and yes it does delete them after some time but no one has offered up what that timeframe is. This was discussed during the whole storagegate on various sites. When you download a new version of the app the previous version hangs around for a bit.

The old version of the built-in apps never does.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Surface twitter account is saying otherwise.

Well, the PR person behind that account is wrong. Every time you create a new user, it installs the default applications. Mail, Calendar, Bing, News, Finance, etc. Each new user is initially given the RTM versions of those applications until they go to the Store to update them. In order to have those RTM builds of those apps, the original version of each never gets deleted.

If you want to check for yourself, Get access to the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps folder and view apps source code | Caio Proiete (EN)

However, if you mess up your permissions (like I personally did, because I didn't follow this guide, and I didn't back up my permissions) you can end up with Metro apps failing to load until they are uninstalled and reinstalled, so you'd have to be careful.

That being said, I only see storage usages of around 100MB per app for the Travel and News apps.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
32.. Use SkyDrive a lot.. Just got it today.. Been updating for awhile.. It is beautiful.. Will be used as my sole computer..
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mrphysics60

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I am almost ready to get the Surface RT but am unsure of the 32/64 issue. Money is a concern. The tablet will be a family (wife and I) device. Currently we share a Playbook. I really like the idea of being able to have two users accounts. I have also read that we can share apps and I plan on applying the small hack to allow the SD card to be used for easy media storage.

My questions are: How will having two user accounts affect HD space consumption? Will the Surface burn more space in creating the second user? If so, any idea how much?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife was always wanting to use my 64GB Surface so I gave here one for Christmas.
Having to share one between the two of us was not working out to well,We were always wanting to use it at the same time.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Would you mind sharing the link where you purchased or send a PM if you wouldn't mind. I'll be looking for a 64gb as well. Thx.

It was on eBay from a private seller, who is actually a member here in the community. I had been searching for several days and just got lucky when I found the auction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte