RT not syncing contacts only receives not send

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I can receive contacts from my Android phone but if I input a contact on the RT and hit save, it does not go out onto the Android. The calendar works fine both ways though.

PS patiently waiting for my Lumia 920.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Are you adding contacts to your MS account? And if so then you have that account on your Android device to sync contacts from?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
hmm fwaits, I do see both a Microsoft gmail account and a gmail account, how do I make this work so that they all sync properly.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
So if you are switching to primarily MS services as your source (WP8, W8, SKydrive, etc then you want the MS account to be your primary source for contacts, calendar, etc. It will also be your Windows (and WP) Store account as well. You need to migrate your contacts to your MS account (outlook.com) then whenever you add/change contacts and such on that account they will auto sync across all devices that are using that account. I assume you are adding contacts on the Android device to a gmail account which is aggregated to the Surface because you have both accounts in there, but when you add new contacts on the Surface it is to the MS account which isn't setup on your Android device so you don't see the cross platform sync. You want them all on one account so they will manage easier across devices. Hope that makes sense.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does but I dont have a windows pc right now only a Mac and a Android phone. Should I just wait to get the Lumia920 or is there a way for me to fix this now. Should I just delete the regular GMail address and somehow get the contacts into the Microsoft gmail account. Both accounts have the same gmail address.

I have over 2000 gmail addresses that I need to move to the Microsoft location somehow. Any suggestions for someone without a windows PC at the moment.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
If you go to outlook.com and sign in with your MS account, you can go to People (click the arrow next to Outlook at the top) and there is an option to import contacts from Google. If that account is setup on all your devices and you create/manage contacts in that specific account on all devices from then on, you should be good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077