Didn't see a thread so I figured I should make one. What are your favorite apps so far? Outside of the obvious ones I'm really enjoying these:
    iCookbook
    Wine Table
    Cocktail Flow
    TweeTro
    YouTubeRT
    MLS

LIST AWAY
    11-02-2012 12:09 AM
    Didn't see a thread so I figured I should make one. What are your favorite apps so far? Outside of the obvious ones I'm really enjoying these:
    iCookbook
    Wine Table
    Cocktail Flow
    TweeTro
    YouTubeRT
    MLS

LIST AWAY
    Youtube rt sucks. Go for YouTube+. U can sign in and dl,vids
    11-02-2012 12:21 AM
    Cocktail flow is such a nice app! If not the nicest I have seen!. I've been enjoying:

Nextgen Reader
    Xbmc Remote+

Now I need a good smooth EPUB reader with highlighting and a photo editing app that removes red eye... and possibly a video player that will play .mkv and CHROME please! Then I am all set. The rest will just be fun additional apps.
    Last edited by Surfacable; 11-02-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    11-02-2012 12:22 AM
    Youtube rt sucks. Go for YouTube+. U can sign in and dl,vids
    YouTubeRT allows you to do both as well. Also allows push video to xbox360
    11-02-2012 12:48 AM
    iCookbook
    Wine Table
    Cocktail Flow
    TweeTro
    YouTubeRT
    MLS

LIST AWAY
    We seem to be using the word official rather liberally around here. This is wish list stuff based upon personal preference. There also isn't a thing on your list I would consider must have, or that I would even want. Not trying to be rude but how about we title threads what they are?
    11-02-2012 12:53 AM
    We seem to be using the word official rather liberally around here. This is wish list stuff based upon personal preference. There also isn't a thing on your list I would consider must have, or that I would even want. Not trying to be rude but how about we title threads what they are?
    I called it official in the sense of this will be the one stop thread for great app recommendations. Feel free to participate or see ya later.
    11-02-2012 12:59 AM
    Its not a must have, but wordament is my favorite game so far and it doesn't even have explosions.
    11-02-2012 01:15 AM
    Here's my "official" list:
    Netflix, NBC News, ABC News, ABC Player
    Pinball FX2, Reckless Racing, Jetpack Joyride
    EBay, woot!
    OneNote, Skitch, Remote Desktop
    11-02-2012 01:42 AM
    iCookbook
    Wine Table
    Cocktail Flow
    TweeTro
    YouTubeRT
    MLS

LIST AWAY
    Mine is out to delivery, but the first apps that will be installed will be

Evernote
    Kindle
    Office
    Flixster
    wha wha what?!?! DOWNLOADING!
    11-02-2012 07:28 AM
    ya huh. Use the Devices Charm when playing a video and with your xbox on (i don't think it matters who is signed in either) and you can push video right to the xbox in HD glory and remain with full control of your Surface (unlike using Smartglass).

You can do the same with local music and also the video app as well. I hope more apps plug into the devices charm for audio/video sending.
    11-02-2012 10:13 AM
    is that right? i will have to check out again, when used, seems to be very limited.
    11-02-2012 10:20 AM
    is that right? i will have to check out again, when used, seems to be very limited.
    I actually prefer YoutubeRT over Youtube+ because when downloading videos, it asks you where you want to save in your computer (in mp4 format that can be played using the stock video app). Also you can save it in mp3 format as well if you just want the song. I don't know if you will still buy music because this is so powerful.
    11-02-2012 10:29 AM
    Yeah since i've had my surface its been this way...just remember swipe down for the menu for login options.
    11-02-2012 10:33 AM
    Might be worth keeping an eye on here Windows RT Apps Of The Week: Netflix, Firefox, and More | Gizmodo UK

for App suggestions
    Dos101 likes this.
    11-02-2012 11:03 AM
    There's an app called The Big Picture that I really like. It is just an occasionally-updated collection of professional photos from the staff of the Boston Globe. Some of them are truly beautiful, and it lets you download them to use for your lock screen etc.

One minor bug I noticed: When you choose to save a photo it will save the previous photo, not the one you're currently looking at, so go one photo past the one you really want and then save. I'm sure they'll fix that in the next update, but it gives you lots of choices for a beautiful lock screen or desktop bg pic.
    11-02-2012 11:56 AM
    Might be worth keeping an eye on here Windows RT Apps Of The Week: Netflix, Firefox, and More | Gizmodo UK

for App suggestions
    Good find.

Anyone know if there's a guide to installing the Firefox nightly builds? I keep getting a message saying it won't run on my PC.
    11-02-2012 12:31 PM
    Good find.

Anyone know if there's a guide to installing the Firefox nightly builds? I keep getting a message saying it won't run on my PC.
    You can't, its only for x86.
    11-02-2012 12:38 PM
    You can't, its only for x86.
    Damn, too bad. Headline of that article is misleading then.
    11-02-2012 01:11 PM
    Geek Appy is a nice one if you want to be up-to-date with the lastest tech news.
    11-02-2012 01:16 PM
    Youtube+ does the same thing though, and instead of a 7-day trial before purchase like YouTube RT, Youtube+ is entirely free with only a tiny ad, or you can pay to remove the ad.

Just another thing to keep in mind when deciding between the two.
    11-02-2012 01:17 PM
    i should add....Ads have been pretty non intrusive on most free apps. Most just put a banner ad at the end of the scroll. Though Wine Table, a beautiful app, has some ugly banners that pop up from time to time...i'd be happy to pay for ad free experience since these apps imo are more beautiful than ipad apps.
    11-02-2012 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD