One of Oprah's favorite things... Surface RT

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
She's the LAST person I would consider for tech recommendations. And I thought her network was canned?

Well I'd guess that most of us here would agree. But the fact is she sells things. There's no doubt that will move more units.

It has a much bigger effect than some tech site giving it a bad review. Millions watch and listen to Oprah, a very small percentage of people care what the Verge has to say.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a workmate and a cousin that still swear by their Zunes, and my sister still uses one in her car. My cousin has actually stockpiled a few backups due to them being discontinued. I would still use mine if my smartphone couldn't handle that duty, it was an amazingly simple to use device that just didn't have the marketing behind it that it needed to succeed. In the hayday of the iPod, most people didn't really care about the other options, or like me, they had a phone that could handle their music on the go.

Seems MS is doing a much better job at marketing the Surface so far, and it actually has some stand-out features that make it a contender when someone is considering tablet options.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is if she said the same thing about iPads, there would be no speculations of her relevance to give tech suggestions or what all else has been speculated about her or her new show.

Always gotta find a way to invalidate unless it's about Apple :D

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
yeah, that worked out well huh?
Well yeah, actually its the greatest decision I have ever made. Not only did I get an incredible device, but I also became submerged in everything that's Microsoft giving me an incredible ecosystem of music and video as well as games and skydrive. The Zune also drove my interest in programming because of the ability to download community made games and apps. I actually became so interested that I began creating my own games and apps. I'm now starting to create games for Windows Phone and have considered Xbox arcade too. Currently I just started college at UMBC and am going for a degree in Computer Science. I plan on studying game design and business and aspire to create my own game studio when I graduate.

So to answer your question, yes, it has "worked out well huh"! Zunes changed my life!

Reactions: TheArcaneFlame

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Had I known about this Ellen thing, I probably would have NOT owned a Zune. However, considering I owned a Zune 30 before Ellen got her payola I don't think it would have mattered. Kinda like this Oprah deal....I was standing first in line to buy a Surface when she was still scarfing hohos for breakfast.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
...I was standing first in line to buy a Surface when she was still scarfing hohos for breakfast.

Lol!

nicka-albums68-277.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes