Smudged Windows Logo

allen832008

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone received a legitimate response from Microsoft on this? I am having the same problem and several forums are now cropping up with this issue on XDA and the Verge. No one seems to have gotten an actual response from Microsoft.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I got was a tweet to visit MS technical support. But as I mentioned several times allready, the smudged logo does not affect performance and/or functionality so I did not pursue it any further.

I also now know the logo is not etched on as it is wearing off...slowly.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I also now know the logo is not etched on as it is wearing off...slowly.

When it's totally gone, you should paint an Apple logo in it's place. Wouldn't that freak some people out? Then show it to all your Apple friends. Tell them Apple made the iPad longer like they did the iPhone 5.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
well good, pretty soon it won't be there then you won't have anything to worry about!

OK...once more and this time with conviction.

I am not worried, bothered, concerned, loosing sleep, growing bald, burdened, distressed, plagued, vexed and/or anguished about the logo. :lol:

I have no plans to return and/or sell my Surface.

In fact I am 100% satisfied with my Surface in every aspect.

I had posted about it just to see what the extent of the "problem" was.

PS/ Since most of you do not fully read each post, I wills start to implement a Too Long Didn't Read (TLDR) summary for each post.

TLDR: I love my Surface

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree that I don't think it's etched, some sort of transfer or something. Mine isn't anywhere NEAR as rubbed off as yours, but I noticed after using it for a day laying flat on a table, a couple of small spots had work off the logo on the back. Not particularly bothered either, but it does seem to be that these logos are likely to wear with time.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
When it's totally gone, you should paint an Apple logo in it's place. Wouldn't that freak some people out? Then show it to all your Apple friends. Tell them Apple made the iPad longer like they did the iPhone 5.

I love it. iPad with Wings!!!

PS/ Do not flame me oh iDevice Users. Your still the king of the iHill.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
mine is fine so far, i guess if it starts i'll just put a sticker or film over it lol (may be paint of the same color and reapply it? :p)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I could give a crispy crap about my logo fading. I've got my Dodge R/T logo decal on order (see avatar) that will be rocking the back of my tablet.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing.. when I got it from staples I thought it was a display model at first.. I didn't notice it until two days after I purchased it..

does not bother me none.. love this device.

Posted using my Microsoft Surface RT.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I hate ressurecting dead threads, but wanted to provide an update.

My Surface RT logo is completely gone. The only thing that remains is a very faint dark impression where the logo once resided. I am fine with this.

Now I just purchased the 128GB Surface Pro and so far the logo is still crisp. I am not sure if MS changed manufacturing process, but the smudged logo issue may now be resolved. I will update you all in a few weeks if things change.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had my RT for over a month now and it still looks fine. Not that I'd really care anyway as the logo is hard to see to begin with. I'm more concerned with how badly it shows fingerprints.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Me too, this happens on my Surface RT, I just bought it for 2 weeks, and the Windows logo on the back starts to wear off partially.......I never expect it wears off so soon....

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow!! If that's all some people have to worry about (logo fading) they need to get a life!!! No way should it be replaced as it doesn't affect the the performance of the machine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)