Unsecure WIFI connexion (Starbucks, ...)

white shirt only

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is not a redundant question. This is about the WIFI connexion to unsecure network like Starbucks. It happens that I have to reboot my surface to be able to get the connexion screen of Starbucks in IE.

If I don't reboot, network settings say I have a limited connexion. And no internet of course in IE, not even the Starbucks page.

Do you know what would be the reason?

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is not a redundant question. This is about the WIFI connexion to unsecure network like Starbucks. It happens that I have to reboot my surface to be able to get the connexion screen of Starbucks in IE.

If I don't reboot, network settings say I have a limited connexion. And no internet of course in IE, not even the Starbucks page.

Do you know what would be the reason?
so I actually work for Starbucks, and for now it seems the surface really doesn't like having to go through the gateway set up in starbucks. I have a surface and always use it at work. But opening up the browser and resetting the connection usually works for me. It probably has something to do with the security settings, obviously the wifi is unsecured, and maybe the gateway that starbucks set up. But you can force it to by opening up the browser and then resetting the connection, that usually works for me. A little complicated but hopefully microsoft comes out with a patch to fix it.

white shirt only

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
so I actually work for Starbucks, and for now it seems the surface really doesn't like having to go through the gateway set up in starbucks. I have a surface and always use it at work. But opening up the browser and resetting the connection usually works for me. It probably has something to do with the security settings, obviously the wifi is unsecured, and maybe the gateway that starbucks set up. But you can force it to by opening up the browser and then resetting the connection, that usually works for me. A little complicated but hopefully microsoft comes out with a patch to fix it.

Thx for the confirmation. Somehow I did what you say I think, keeping IE open while turning on and off the WiFi. The Starbucks connexion page then appears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss