Does it seem to anyone else like there aren't any apps being put up?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Marketplace apps seem to have not changed since launch. Surface picks are almost all the same, Top Free is almost all the same. Even New Releases has a bunch of stuff that isn't new.

Where are the apps?

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I mean why do we even have any expectations for any new apps anyway? were still waiting to have the ability to even buy one of the new WP8 Devices.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Do a search for * then sort by release date. The featured apps aren't updated very frequently, but new apps are being added.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally I thought that with so much riding on an awesome launch that we would see many more top tier apps in the marketplace, especially games. I remember a list that Microsoft put out with about 25 games that were coming for the launch period so hopefully as the weeks go by we will start seeing them. So far I love my Surface so I do not mind waiting.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's only been a week. Give it time.

horse manure.....there should be a steady stream of apps! Windows Phone was submitting more apps than this on a weekly basis at launch.

This situation is getting really bad. I mean not even a SINGLE major name release since the Surface came out. The apps available at launch were nice...BUT A BARE MINIMUM.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
wow...some people are not cut out to be early adopters.

more apps than both android and ipad at launch. Higher quality apps than Android (IMO).

If you can't wait, don't buy a product day 1. Bottom line.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Not true. The apps are coming. I would rather them take an extra week or two to polish them, than release buggy product.

I had emailed the devs on the NoteAnywhere surface version, and they release it this morning, so apps *are* getting released

hang in there

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Aren't all the Windows 8 Metro apps compatible with Windows RT?

Is the Windows 8 app store as bare with Metro Apps? I have W8 on my computer at home but honestly haven't checked

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Is the Windows 8 app store as bare with Metro Apps? I have W8 on my computer at home but honestly haven't checked

The vast majority are. Its something like 95%.

There are almost 10,000 apps...its not bare...its just missing some that some people want...i guess people want an official twitter app though imo they have always made the worst apps.

Same with Facebook but thats more understandable as the People's app doesn't REALLY let you browse facebook.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

it actually has MORE because microsoft allows legacy desktop apps to cerify for the store so they show up as listings. Also, all of Microsoft's games collections are x86 only. Deplorable that you can play solitaire and mine sweeper on x86 but not ARM.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
wow...some people are not cut out to be early adopters.

more apps than both android and ipad at launch. Higher quality apps than Android (IMO).

If you can't wait, don't buy a product day 1. Bottom line.

the whole "more apps at launch" line was lame the first time I heard it. Still is. These days, you HAVE TO have a certain basic catalog of apps at launch. They got the basics figured out, but Microsoft HAS NO CLUE how to run an apps store. And can we stop the quality vs quanity argument. Windows is the largest OS install base in the world so it should have a larger quantity of apps WITH better quality. The indie dreck I'm seeing in the store right now is NOT of better quality than Android. Many of the devs can't even figure out how to publish their store icon correctly, ending up in a "X" for the icon.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
it actually has MORE because microsoft allows legacy desktop apps to cerify for the store so they show up as listings. Also, all of Microsoft's games collections are x86 only. Deplorable that you can play solitaire and mine sweeper on x86 but not ARM.

Ok, so now I'm shamefully confused :)

What does it mean that they are certified? Does it mean they will run on Windows 8 with no compatibility issues? And will the Store be broken down into Windows 8, Windows 8 RT and Windows 8 Phone apps?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so now I'm shamefully confused :)

What does it mean that they are certified? Does it mean they will run on Windows 8 with no compatibility issues? And will the Store be broken down into Windows 8, Windows 8 RT and Windows 8 Phone apps?

No one is talking about Windows Phone 8 apps...Metro != Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb