DLNA Streaming from IE?

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I got my surface on launch day and I love how easy the DLNA streaming implemented (on my Nexus 7, I had to purchase apps that support this function and none of them works as well), I can stream skype to to my TV during video calls. However, seems there's no way to stream videos (I think streaming photos works) from IE to other devices? Does anyone have a solution? If not, is there any app that I can "share" the video (mainly from Youtube) on the IE to so that I can stream it to my TV from the app?

Thanks!

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What is the other end receiving the DLNA? LG Smart TV? Boxxee?

Or do you want to Receive on the Surface? (I have a media server, but right now I just open the files in Windows shares. But I haven't looked for an app yet)

I have had much luck streaming local content to my Xbox 360 (Both on Wifi) works flawlessly (Have not tried 1080p content yet, but will tonight)

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What is the other end receiving the DLNA? LG Smart TV? Boxxee?

Or do you want to Receive on the Surface? (I have a media server, but right now I just open the files in Windows shares. But I haven't looked for an app yet)

I have had much luck streaming local content to my Xbox 360 (Both on Wifi) works flawlessly (Have not tried 1080p content yet, but will tonight)
It's a Windows 7 PC connected to my TV. I use WMP as the receiver and it works flawlessly. (I have to say it again, much better experience than my Nexus 7) However, my question is if there's any way to stream video content from IE on my surface to my TV (i.e. actually a Windows 7 PC). It seems IE does not have such option. I can stream a picture on the website I am browsing to my TV, but that's it. When I am watching videos using IE, there's no streaming option available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes