Xbox Surface on the way!!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this thing sounds really compromised. If it is running a flavor of RT and can get Store apps I'll be good with it, but if it is a stripped down Surface that can only run Smartglass and maybe play videos and music I will pass. I think they are trying too hard to make an alternative to the Wii U which from what I have seen in the stores is a complete joke.

brianbrain

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The specs on this page clearly show that there is a "Tablet Computing Device" which lasts the first 7 specs only. Following this up, is a "Stationary Computing Device", which the remainder of the specs pertain to.

So the "Tablet Computing Device" looks like the a 7" "tablet remote control" for the new Xbox. The specs are limited and low-class (eg, 288mb of ram @ 533Mhz).

The "Stationary Computing Device" is likely the Xbox itself.

No need to panic guys - this isn't a tablet entry, this is just an interesting development on the next-gen Xbox front.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping Nokia would launch a 7" RT device, they are the only ones with industrial design superior to Microsoft's.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The specs on this page clearly show that there is a "Tablet Computing Device" which lasts the first 7 specs only. Following this up, is a "Stationary Computing Device", which the remainder of the specs pertain to.

So the "Tablet Computing Device" looks like the a 7" "tablet remote control" for the new Xbox. The specs are limited and low-class (eg, 288mb of ram @ 533Mhz).

The "Stationary Computing Device" is likely the Xbox itself.

No need to panic guys - this isn't a tablet entry, this is just an interesting development on the next-gen Xbox front.

yep, you got that right. This will be the next Xbox, and it will come with (or maybe add on) a Smartglass. Whereas we have been using apps called SmartGlass. That thing WILL be the Xbox Smartglass.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Shut up and take all my money.

Having said that, I am disappointed with Halo 4 SmartGlass offering. This was Microsoft's chance to show the world the potential of SmartGlass with various game enhancing features but opted instead to simply run Halo Waypoint.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah I'm kinda hooked on surface right now... and I don't think that will change. So to me this sounds pretty good! it depended on how much they integrated it with the actual xbox.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Shut up and take all my money.

Having said that, I am disappointed with Halo 4 SmartGlass offering. This was Microsoft's chance to show the world the potential of SmartGlass with various game enhancing features but opted instead to simply run Halo Waypoint.

Couldn't agree more. Certainly I wasn't the only one that thought a real-time scoreboard for multiplayer would be an obvious use-case for halo 4. Or better yet make the interactions with Cortana more immersive through the new technology during the campaign. I still have yet to try it out with Forza Horizon but Halo 4 integration was somewhat of a letdown to me also.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well the beauty of it is Microsoft can update the app and the game to include the features you mention. It isn't like things are etched in stone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte