Microsoft RT Office Update

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to let you guys know that an update was released. It doesn't show up on the start screen/metro setting tabs, but if you go into the desktop mode by selecting the customize update options in the settings tab you can select the update which I believe is about 350mb big. Hopefully it optimized the programs a little better so there is less choppiness. Yay for Microsoft and updates!

Not 100% clear what it does but with such a large update I can only hope they made significant improvements!

Ill update as I use it today, gotta write up a bunch of legal documents.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing that. Are you sure it's not the initial update to update from the Preview version to the RTM version?

Hmm, I thought I updated my surface with everything. Ahh I see it was an old update that I failed to download. erg false alarm then. But for those who did not know it existed, now you do know!

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing that. Are you sure it's not the initial update to update from the Preview version to the RTM version?
yeh I got it as well, go into the action center (the little flag at the bottom right) then go to the bottom left and click windows update. should see it in there!

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

You were spot on I think. I just searched it and realized they released the RTM on October 30th, wonder why it didn't automatically update for me and I had to go through the desktop update rather than the charms bar.

Well if anyone didn't realize the RTM version was out go into the desktop mode and update the preview version to the RTM. My bad, haha. Getting all excited or nothing.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It was just the official upgrade from preview to retail. It was now PUSHED out, but you could get it on launch day if you went to "optional updates" yourself.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Im really glad you created this thread because I would have never known! I have been checking in the metro settings area.. thanks a lot!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo