Windows 8 RT Apps

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I searched for a while for any websites or forums dedicated to the RT apps in the store just so I could know when there is a new app worth downloading but couldn't find anything. Would be great if this forum can get a Windows 8 Store Apps forum in the future.

So I've been literally opening the store every few hours trying to find out if there any new apps and no luck whatsoever, it's like the store didn't get any new apps since it has been launched. Also that New Releases section in the store doesn't seem really accurate to me.

Anyways feel free to post any new great & useful app you find, also mention your favorite apps so far, and please only apps that are available for RT. Nothing is more disappointing than seeing an app available only to find it doesn't work on RT like stupid Gizmodo listing Firefox under the Windows RT Apps of the Week Section, and they call themselves a tech & gadgets website.

My favorite apps so far:

Netflix

Latermark: the only Pocket (Read it Later) I could find in the store.
Feed Reader: my favorite Google Reader app so far, there is also an app called grub which is also nice but needs some tweaking.

Note Sphere: for taking notes quickly while its snapped to the side. Still looking for something better though.

MetroTwit: Really great Twitter client, this could be the only app that non-Windows users would love to have.

Multimedia 8: for playing my video files with subtitles but still looking for something with a more solid experience.

ESPN FC: really great app for Football (Soccer) fans, live fixtures and the tables are updated as soon as a match ends.

XE Currency

Package Tracker: also the only decent looking app to track your packages, not perfect but its actually good.

Those are the only apps worth mentioning so far for me, share yours.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Package Tracker: also the only decent looking app to track your packages, not perfect but its actually good.

I actually prefer Trackage, because it gives me a Live Tile that cycles through my packages, instead of needing a separate tile for each like Package Tracker needs. That being said, when Package Tracker on Win8 can sync with Parcel Tracker on my phone, I'll almost definitely switch.

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer Trackage, because it gives me a Live Tile that cycles through my packages, instead of needing a separate tile for each like Package Tracker needs. That being said, when Package Tracker on Win8 can sync with Parcel Tracker on my phone, I'll almost definitely switch.

Trackage looks nice, will give it a try.

Also just noticed there is an official Vimeo app in the store

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah there isn't enough news on the windows 8 RT front... you would think more because surface seems to be popular enough along with windows 8 but I'm sure more will come up. Thanks for the suggested apps. What I really need is an epub app with more options then there are now and highlighting!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
YouTube RT is very nice. Not free, but it displays well and launches videos almost instantaneously. Oh, and you can download videos as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ylksa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I started looking for a YouTube app and YouTube RT really is great, I love the UI, it works really well and its great that I can download videos for offline use.

I've also been trying to find a simple app just to show me a live tile of the battery percentage. Also a Twitter app that syncs with TweetMarker since I use TweetBot a lot. Right now there is only one app that can do that and it is called TweeterLight but its really basic, I don't like it.

I tried My Explorer and it's actually really useful, most probably I will be using it a lot, it just needs some polishing in the UI and it will be perfect.

8 Zip is really useful but still waiting for RAR support, that would be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)