IE10: Very Fast

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
There seem to be so many threads on here about various issues and nags with the Surface that I thought we needed a positive thread.

Having said that, I'm amazed at the performance of the Metro IE10 browser and when compared to my iPad the Surface blows it away.

Case in point, load up WP Central on it and see how fast it loads then compare to another tablet you have lying around. Heck, compare it to a laptop for that matter and see how close in speed it really is.

If you don't think it's all that fast, see post #28 here if you haven't already done so. You will be amazed at how much faster the browser is after doing this.

Anyway, have a good one!

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
IE10 is very good. Looking at it from a developer perspective it's up there with Chrome as the best browser on the market. As for Safari, it's bloody awful, Chrome, >IE9, FF and Opera are all much better than it, this isn't fan boy talk, this is from having to develop for it everyday.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you don't think it's all that fast, see post #28 here if you haven't already done so. You will be amazed at how much faster the browser is after doing this.

Does it solve the problem where the browser reloads the page when you go back? Or the problem where if you swipe back multiple times too quickly in succession it forgets its history and loads a blank page? Or the problem where you click on a pinned link and the browser comes up on a blank page? Because those are by far the biggest issues I had with IE10 on the surface. IE10 on Win8 Pro doesn't have the first two problems, and the third is much less frequent.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah man here here. first thing i mention when showing people the surface is how fast internet browsing it. it has definitely replaced the laptop I left laying around the house for internet anywhere and even though it doesn't have a facebook app, that's no problem i just use the site which works really well.

rick98761

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I love the surface, but I feel the opposite. If I load a random website on my surface and iPad 3, the surface always finishes second. My Lumia 920 kills them both though.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got a surface RT yesterday, and after updating all the apps, etc, IE just keeps loading the WPCENTRAL.com page, and sometimes forces IE to crash.

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I really love ie10 it is because you can open more tabs than ipad's safari without reload when you try to surf between these tabs.. it is not faster than safari but more functionality has it. Really impressive job from Microsoft...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IE10 is good once you install tracking block lists. This site for instance CRAWLS unless you have tracking protection lists installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99