Oh well I tried

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping it, but its not very good for people who like to read.
Several of my kindel books don't work, there are no good magazine apps, and zinio is crap.

Also no normal person can figure out how to install the sd card and set it up as the default save location.

I find that when I'm home I have to keep pulling out my ipad.

Ill keep the surface for my work tablet and the ipad for my media divice...for now.

The ipad was the same way in 2010, so ill give msft 12 months to get the App Store going and seriously optimize built in app performance of the OS. Right now everything seems to be...click...wait about 1 second refresh.

If you are on the fence between this and an ipad then skip the surface if you don't need ms office.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So did you try Freda?

How could you possibly prefer the iPad for a media device? I can watch any flash video I want on the Surface as well as basically any ebook.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I then again could not even consider getting anything else but a Surface anymore! It's not even about the MS Office, but no other tablet has as great solution for the keyboard.

I hope that years from here we'll have at least this amazingly designed devices.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So did you try Freda?

How could you possibly prefer the iPad for a media device? I can watch any flash video I want on the Surface as well as basically any ebook.
I don't care about flash...it's a non issue.
I like to read lots of magazines they just don't exist on the surface yet. Also podcasting is kind of an after thought on the surface.

Like I said I'm keeping it but for me at home the ipad still wins. For work its the surface. The only loser is my trusty gaming pc. Oh as for Freda no I have not tried. I'm a kindel person.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about flash...it's a non issue.
I like to read lots of magazines they just don't exist on the surface yet. Also podcasting is kind of an after thought on the surface.

Like I said I'm keeping it but for me at home the ipad still wins. For work its the surface. The only loser is my trusty gaming pc. Oh as for Freda no I have not tried. I'm a kindel person.

facepalm.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12