Patch Tuesday

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just checked or updates and there are 7 (104MB I think). Noticed one was a firmware update as well. I know most of the updates are security-related, but maybe they snuck in a performance update or two?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So far it feels a little snappier opening apps. The biggest thing for me is that, before the updates, when I would reboot or do a cold boot, after I log in I would need to wait 10-20 seconds for the touchscreen to be responsive. Now it's instantly responsive after I log in. Will see if battery life has improved in the next few days.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow they have done -something- responsiveness to touch in IE in particular is VASTLY improved, and I thought it was fine to begin with. I haven't had a chance to test a lot of other things but it seems like they have improved touch responsiveness.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow they have done -something- responsiveness to touch in IE in particular is VASTLY improved, and I thought it was fine to begin with. I haven't had a chance to test a lot of other things but it seems like they have improved touch responsiveness.

I was just about to start a thread about this!! IE 10 has gotten a lot faster!! One particular thing I noticed is that I can now click links before the page finishes loading, I couldn't do that before, now its that much faster. The rendering is also much improved... sites pop up much faster now...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the updates. Any Vivo RT users install yet? Just got home and installing updates on my x86, not expecting performance increases but would be interesting to see if it also does something here.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i think most of the updates on the x86 side were for security. And you may not get the firmware for the Asus since that is hardware related. Microsoft seems to have devised better touchscreen drivers.

every Surface owner NEEDS to get these patches ASAP, it has improved the performance of my Surface, and I thought it was good to begin with, this raises the bar!

jonldevries

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah apps load faster, and the back swipe seems faster. Odd that it wasn't an app update but a firmware.

I was also wondering if it is louder but it could be just me.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The update has definitely improved performance. Apps launch quicker and IE is much improved. Pretty sweet update. Hopefully they will keep these kinds of performance updates coming every month!

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm blown away with how fast IE is now and overall performance. I guess this comes when the company is software first, hardware second.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Everything is more fluid. Snapping during multitasking, closing apps, changing apps.

I haven't found much speed difference besides going back in the browser though

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay I lied, changing orientation is faster and smoother, and yeh a lot of apps are significantly faster! Especially the people app!!

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I will add a borderline useless "I agree" post to this thread. Those latest salvo of updates really improved performance. I was already pretty satisfied! IE 10 is a lot better. Very nice.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm blown away with how fast IE is now and overall performance. I guess this comes when the company is software first, hardware second.

I will add a borderline useless "I agree" post to this thread. Those latest salvo of updates really improved performance. I was already pretty satisfied! IE 10 is a lot better. Very nice.

What the heck, I'll add my useless post as well.

I'm really happy with how IE handles going back a page now. It was painful before when swiping back. And the sites that either used to hang or crash the browser now load quick and with no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)