am i the only happy bunny?

toondw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
All i see is negativity........from reviewers.......and from many on here.

am i the only one that's happy with the surface? i just got a windows 8 laptop and a surface rt and they both work great, ok, takes a bit of getting used to windows 8 but after a few hours you get the hang of it.

i have a ipad 4 and the RT and to be honest the ipad is going back, i love apple (im a iphone freak) but i think this surface really has got something going for it. im a content user and the apps are coming slowly, the ones that do work are intuitive and unique in my opinion. It even lets you play games you bought on windows store on the RT (i bought angry birds on the laptop and it works on the RT without paying twice)

my only worry is everybody appears to be returning theirs, no doubt due to bad press and i fear that i maybe left in the lurch..............blackberry playbook anybody!:cool:

PrivateOnParade

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got one as a birthday present to myself. I have to say so far I think it's great as well. It does all that I want it to, Netflix plays and looks great, and there are apps there for what I want to do.

Also owning an iPad2 (son has now taken ownership), a Playbook (sits in the draw), HP Touchpad (now redundant) and a Nexus7 (nice 7" tablet) I find the Surface to be, imho, better for what I want to do.

I think that the lack of apps are overstated as a case for not getting one, just look at how many many useless apps there are on the i-this and android-that market! Take the plunge, get the 32GB with touch keyboard, buy a 32 or 64GB MicroSD card and you won't look back.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's truly ******/Girl talk. I hatereading never even took it of the box and took it back or refused delivery.Arghhh. I am fully Microsoft Xbox/Windows Phone/ Run Windows Server to steammedia to the WD players around the house. So for me the Surface was the final pieceI looked forward to. The post above is Valid you bought both and returning theone you don’t feel meets your needs so no flame just facts. I do like the buyonce use across devices I hope that happens a lot and maybe someday will carryover to the phone.

My wife on the other hand is all Apple Igot her the IPad original the first year it came out and she up until last yearwas still using her IPhone 3G. So this year I bought her the new IPad 4 and shebought me the Surface for Christmas. There is room for both and honestly I amsure I will prefer the Surface to the new IPad and she will prefer her IPad tomy surface but it’s all good to each their own.

Just wish the negative fan type stuff wouldstop. You don’t need to come on here and announce you took it back, neveropened the box, OMG the IPAD 4 was so much better I just tossed my surface inthe lake. Both have their strong and weak points and its ok to like one or theother more.

As for me I am still waiting for Christmasto open my surface yes I am sure it is sitting in the closet ready for me touse it just as my Wife’s IPad is also in the closet waiting for her to useit.

I bet you neither of us will takinganything back but we may tease each other a little on Look what I can do andyou can’t.

CoopII

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You definitely arnt alone. There was a poll somewhere on these forums and the people not happy with their Surface's was like less than 5% or so. It's just how it is, people dont often come on forums and go "MY DEVICE IS PERFECT I LOVE IT", but are far more likely to post if their device has a defect. It's just the vocal minority, most people (here at least) are happy with their Surfaces. I totally love mine! I never considered buying a tablet before the Surface, simply cos I had no use for entertainment-only device. I needed productivity on the go. The Surface is exactly what I wanted! Does the work on the go as well as doubles as a tablet which I havnt owned before at home for the entertainment purposes too.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I got one for myself as a birthday gift also. Loving it! Does it do everything, no. But have still have my laptop when I need it. I haven't touched my laptop in three days though. The size is great and makes it very portable and I have not run into anything that I wanted to do on it that I was unable to. I think it's funny that people get a tech gadget and then rip it apart and focus on the negative. Enjoy it for what it can do.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are very happy with ours, x2 To be honest the only bad part is our kids keep disappearing with them. If you have multiple school aged children the surface tablet tablet is a more cost effective way to purchase and view content. The interface and touchcover work as advertised. So, you are not alone. Keep in mind early adopters will likely be more critical and find problems. That's good for the products development. My hope is that MS comes up with a Family Bundle aimed at tailoring specs and price to meet the needs of the whole family. Also, I live in a remote area and UPS had some issues delivering the surfaces. Microsoft Customer Service (a real person) was on the phone with me and upgraded our order from 32gb too 64gb devices for the 32 gb price. I love when employees are allowed to make customers happy!

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I could not be happier with my surface, I use it for all but the most demanding of tasks, I had Google tabs previously but they were toys in comparison to this beauty! Like an earlier poster, my laptop barely gets a look in these days, my Surface is and office laptop when I want it to be and a living rom second screen tablet when I want it to be that!

toondw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
well, just goes to show we are indeed a happy bunch! The more i sit here using it the more i fall in love! i really think the negative reviewers need to use it a bit longer.......I also think microsoft need to get it out into shops next to ipads and android tablets.

its NOT in my mind a laptop replacement as many want it to be it is simply a ipad/android contender tablet.

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got one as a birthday present to myself. I have to say so far I think it's great as well. It does all that I want it to, Netflix plays and looks great, and there are apps there for what I want to do.

Also owning an iPad2 (son has now taken ownership), a Playbook (sits in the draw), HP Touchpad (now redundant) and a Nexus7 (nice 7" tablet) I find the Surface to be, imho, better for what I want to do.

I think that the lack of apps are overstated as a case for not getting one, just look at how many many useless apps there are on the i-this and android-that market! Take the plunge, get the 32GB with touch keyboard, buy a 32 or 64GB MicroSD card and you won't look back.

Same here and think it is great on the whole - have not yet found either the SciFi or Flixter apps but that is all - currently have it streaming the radio in the office and if anything it is too loud.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
More apps more games! that is the only thing im not satisfied with.

Also the people hub with facebook doesnt recognize all feeds.

Other than that, enjoy my surface

xpsbrenden

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was impressed when I first got the device but that luster quickly wore off until MS released the update Tuesday. I believe they are going towards the right direction, xbox integration, the marketplace for movies, music, and TV is abundant with content. Where the product needs the greatest improvement is on the Marketplace for apps. In my opinion most (75% +) are junk but then again we are still in the infancy stage of the product. I hope as we push forward MS is able to lure more big name developers to create rich exciting applications.

danieljhb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my Surface. It has exceeded all of my expectations by far. It's light, slim, and does everything I need it to do on a daily basis. I can't imagine having a tablet without office or a keyboard, it would be such a waste. The USB drive and a wireless mouse make my laptop completely unnecessary (I haven't turned it on since I got the surface). My desktop is only for writing long reports and heavy research and comparrison (when I need many windows open). This thing is amazing!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I totally love mine as well. Got the 64GB model with a 64GB MicroSD as well for future storage. I too have pretty much abandoned my laptop and am pretty much using Surface and my Lumia 920 for my mobile need. Yeah, I kind of wish I could play my old GOG.COM games on it but I rarely have time to play games. I like to read news, socialize, study and do "work" on my Surface. If VPN wasn't so weak, I would say this is a near perfect device.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am a super happy bunny, can bunnies be sad? Seriously though I bought the surface knowing what I would be getting into as a early adopter for MS. Known bugs and small patches that eventually get ironed out over the course of a couple months. I bought windows phone 7 the first day it came out and loved it, same thing with surface and windows 8 phone. Everything is not absolutely perfect but I am super happy anyways!

Personally I am just amazed that MS finally came out with a fantastic product that even is mentioned in the same sentence as anything apple.

I enjoyed the post, we need some more positive stuff despite all the whining. haha I guess that is what techies like to do though, I have caught myself complaining about such small things and people look at me weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss