Battery Warnings

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Was happily using my Surface and it proceeded to turn itself off. Put the charger on and it turns out it had 3-4% battery left. I had received no warning that I can recall that the battery was dying. I have all of the default power settings and it looks like I should have had a warning of some kind. Anyone know what form the warning would take, will it overlay metro apps and has anyone else had issues?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There was a thread on this just a little bit ago I think. You need to drop out to the desk top and adjust the power settings there. I think the one poster changed the setting to warn him when it hit 6%. The same thing was happening to them: turning off with no warning.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it will just shut down with no warning if you don't look at desktop. You will see a warning symbol by your battery if you swipe the clock open and it is low.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the battery run down on me once, and I got the warning at the 6% mark. Though it shut down pretty quick after that, so not sure how useful the warning is if it doesn't actually give you any time to respond before the Surface shuts down. Now keep in mind this was before Patch Tuesday, so I'm not sure if there have been any major changes since then.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah it does this to save all the work you were doing do that you don't just lose everything. You are able to turn that off in the power settings but I probably recommend you don't. If you are going down to 5% you need to find an outlet quick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss