is the surface case made from vaporm or just coated w/ vapormg?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
i've read and heard both claims, but which is true?

There are claims derived from rumors that I believe originated on an Apple fan site that masquerades as a tech site and then there are the facts. The Surface tablets are constructed of a magnesium alloy marketed as vapormg. That is the beginning and end of the story - the only "claims" are from those whose business or avocation is to spread rumors. All you need to know is available freely from Microsoft: Surface VaporMg casing: timeless yet tough.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know the details, but considering someone here had theirs fall off of their car roof while driving, then sit on the road with cars while he remembered and turned around, and then get run over by a vehicle at high speed, sending it flying through the air, and it still survived... I'd say that it's more likely made of Hulk skin coated with awesome sauce.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the details, but considering someone here had theirs fall off of their car roof while driving, then sit on the road with cars while he remembered and turned around, and then get run over by a vehicle at high speed, sending it flying through the air, and it still survived... I'd say that it's more likely made of Hulk skin coated with awesome sauce.

This!
Haha awesome response

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are claims derived from rumors that I believe originated on an Apple fan site that masquerades as a tech site and then there are the facts. The Surface tablets are constructed of a magnesium alloy marketed as vapormg. That is the beginning and end of the story - the only "claims" are from those whose business or avocation is to spread rumors. All you need to know is available freely from Microsoft: Surface VaporMg casing: timeless yet tough.

i'll be honest, i don't like your tone. you've accused me once of being a troll already. now you accusing me of trying to spread rumors. i asked about the vapormag, because i watched youtube unboxing where the guy rviewing the surface saying the chassis was coated in vapormg. i have no idea what apple fan site you're talking about. the video i'm talking about is here: Microsoft Surface hands-on - YouTube. this review doesn't strike me as biased at all. it's acturally pretty thorough which is what it got me wondering vapormg. afterall, some of microsoft's marketing has been a little misleading or unclear. i'm thinking of the memory issue here.say what you will about microsoft's marketing, but a lot of people have been upset to find out that their 32gb surface is really a 16gb surface

more directly, i don't need you to tell me what the beginning and ending of the story is. in fact, you can take your attitude and shove....well, you know how the saying ends. if you don't like my posts, then don't read or reply to them. i ask the questions i want to ask and post what i want to post. i'll post another on this same topic if i want. i'll also post nothing but threads asking about problems i'm having w/ my equipment if it want. i'm free to do that. i'd do the same if this were an apple product. btw, i refuse to buy apple products. i bought one of the first titanium books. the thing died after a month and apple refused to replace or repair it, because they found evidence someone had tampered w/ the unit. but no one had tampered w/ the unit unless it was tampered w/ before i bought the darn thing. i've hated apple ever since and that was back in like 2000. so if you're under the impression that i'm some kind of undercover apple ******, i'm not. if you don't believe me, i don't really care.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i'll be honest, i don't like your tone. you've accused me once of being a troll already. now you accusing me of trying to spread rumors. i asked about the vapormag, because i watched youtube unboxing where the guy rviewing the surface saying the chassis was coated in vapormg. i have no idea what apple fan site you're talking about. the video i'm talking about is here: Microsoft Surface hands-on - YouTube. this review doesn't strike me as biased at all. it's acturally pretty thorough which is what it got me wondering vapormg. afterall, some of microsoft's marketing has been a little misleading or unclear. i'm thinking of the memory issue here.say what you will about microsoft's marketing, but a lot of people have been upset to find out that their 32gb surface is really a 16gb surface

more directly, i don't need you to tell me what the beginning and ending of the story is. in fact, you can take your attitude and shove....well, you know how the saying ends. if you don't like my posts, then don't read or reply to them. i ask the questions i want to ask and post what i want to post. i'll post another on this same topic if i want. i'll also post nothing but threads asking about problems i'm having w/ my equipment if it want. i'm free to do that. i'd do the same if this were an apple product. btw, i refuse to buy apple products. i bought one of the first titanium books. the thing died after a month and apple refused to replace or repair it, because they found evidence someone had tampered w/ the unit. but no one had tampered w/ the unit unless it was tampered w/ before i bought the darn thing. i've hated apple ever since and that was back in like 2000. so if you're under the impression that i'm some kind of undercover apple ******, i'm not. if you don't believe me, i don't really care.

You put the quote on the wrong side.

Last edited:

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol and your post got messed up like mine too! Merged and duplicated. But beyond that I don't have much to contribute, I just came here for an answer. However I don't think swyost post was trying to be offensive towards you. He probably figured u heard it from some unscrupulous source