Youtube videos broken and on screen keyboard weirdness?? :(

martinblank64

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody experienced issues with Youtube videos?? All of a sudden, about half, or maybe more than half of the youtube videos I open will start playing, but if I press the fullscreen button, it will go fullscreen and play for like a second, and then the video just goes away and says “An error occurred, please try again later”. It also happens if I try to change the resolution of the video. This is incredibly frustrating and seems to have cropped up out of the blue!!
Also, I have recently been experiencing strange problems with the onscreen keyboard. For example, sometimes when I double press shift to put on caps lock, when I turn it off, caps lock “stays on” even though the letters on the keyboard are lower case. If I press shift, the letters on the keyboard turn capital, but are lower case when typed. Only way to get rid of this is to turn the Surface off and on.
Also, sometimes they keyboard will not stay open for text input areas. For example, on these forums. In the input box for the thread title, the keyboard works fine. But in the input box for the message body, when I press in it, the cursor appears and the keyboard opens, but then closes a second later. Nothing I do will make it stay open here. I typed this in Word and copied and pasted. What on earth is going on?! I just ran into both of these problems out of the blue today… I have all Windows Updates for the surface installed.

Any ideas on what's going on here??

Here's an example video that errors out when I press full screen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oto1YkZD1U

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I have experienced any of those problems and the video you posted plays fine from beginning to end at full screen. You might want to consider doing either an OS refresh or reinstall.

martinblank64

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
What the heck.... that didn't help, and in fact, this also happens on my laptop that also runs Windows 8, which is not even using Internet Explorer, but Chrome!! That video I posted above. It says "An error occurred" seconds after I press full screen. What the heck is going on?!?! Is my Microsoft account somehow messed up?!? :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion