is Surface TSA friendly?

reepS

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have flown the last two weeks, I just take it out of the bag. I think the case actually determines whether something is TSA friendly?

dmandWP

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I went through SFO and took my surface out for security. The man asked if it was an iPad and I responded that it was a tablet like an ipad, and he said next time just leave it in your bag.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
pshhh I keep my laptop in the bag and honestly in all the times I flew they didn't even ask me to take it out once. That's like what at least 10 trips a year for the past 4 years.

I wouldn't imagine it would be any different than any other tablet. Not much space to fit dangerous things in a 9 mm thick form factor.

ezcats

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
pshhh I keep my laptop in the bag and honestly in all the times I flew they didn't even ask me to take it out once. That's like what at least 10 trips a year for the past 4 years.

I wouldn't imagine it would be any different than any other tablet. Not much space to fit dangerous things in a 9 mm thick form factor.

I get yelled at every time...not from where I leave though (SFO)...just everywhere else. I think the people there don't even know what it is.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
For Canadians, I have flown with my six times now without issue - never take it out of my back pack.

Also, lesson learned, the keyboard does not fit on most Air Canada Express aircraft. Another reason to use WestJet for short hauls!

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Flown across US a few times since getting in, generally no need to take it out of bag, though if you happen to get a particularly picky TSA agent they may have you do it anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo