Music App and Pass

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one with a surface whose music app lags like crazy, 3-5 second delays on most actions, songs crackle and stop playing randomly and often especially when the song switches, and the app crashes quite a bit?

I have sent feedback to Microsoft and they did update the app but it still is terrible.

Bring back the Zune experience it was perfect just unmarketed. Its such a haggle to download anything with this app, and then the cloud aspect crashes and lags the app. Such a step backwards.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's actually well documented that the Xbox music app sucks (right now). There's actually been several updates for the app since the launch and I've noticed slight performance improvements, but still not as responsive as what we were used to with Zune. It's not just you rest assured. There's a 3rd party app called 'Music info" that is quite a decent alternative.

The app is also a huge resource hog when you analyze it in Task Manager. hope MSFT is on top of it and improves the end user experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte