Per user queued windows error report

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I run disc cleanup from time to time to recover disk space.

A couple of times, I've noticed a huge amount of disk space taken up by the report files. This time, almost 4Gb.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any ideas on what's causing this error bloat?

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Go to Desktop Mode, the Flag icon (System bar), Maintenance, then View Reliability History.

This should have a graph of the crashed/frozen apps. These are what is bloating your Error Reporting. Also Updates leave a lot behind (Though I think this gets cleaned up each sunday)

I had a ton becuase of 2 apps, and a sound issue. I deleted them and did a "refresh" of Windows*. Now I only have a few KB worth (Because of MineSweeper)

*Make sure to check the disk utility afterwards if you do a refresh, it will keep the old copy incase which is huge, but you can delete it via the Cleanup too.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aha, thanks so much for that. I see that Mail and BBC News are crashing a lot. I've removed a mail account that wasn't syncing properly and uninstalled the BBC app and I'll see how things go from here.

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Aha, thanks so much for that. I see that Mail and BBC News are crashing a lot. I've removed a mail account that wasn't syncing properly and uninstalled the BBC app and I'll see how things go from here.
I still check it from time to time. There is a way to kill the Archived Error Reports from staying but I like to check them some times to see if it's something I can fix. Bad habit from the previous Windows versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo