Well so much for BS about descreasing Surface production...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think you guys are being far too defensive about your purchase, I think most people in this forum would like to see the Surface succeed. If someone is taking issue with it it's because we are being fairly realistic, most people here are not plants by Apple to undermine Microsoft's tablet success (really???). Personally I have a Lumina 920 and bought a new computer with Windows 8, and currently I'm unimpressed with a fair number of things so far (Metro is underwhelming, and Xbox music is a fail so far). As a Windows System Admin I currently can't see Win 8 rolled out to the Enterprise.

If Microsoft wants to compete needs to hit grand slams, right now Surface, Windows 8, and Windows 8 mobile need to work (pretty much flawlessly). Articles have been written about this, MS needs major wins if they want people to abandon Apple or Google. I have a fair share of my fingers in Apple's pie and moving to MS has had major pain points just so far, I also do not want to own a brick in 6 months if MS changes strategies. I'm looking at some Windows mobile 7 users, 7.8 is hardly what they expected for a device less than a year old.

If MS priced the Surface lower and had more apps for the RT product maybe I wouldn't be so skeptical.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you guys are being far too defensive about your purchase, I think most people in this forum would like to see the Surface succeed. If someone is taking issue with it it's because we are being fairly realistic, most people here are not plants by Apple to undermine Microsoft's tablet success (really???). Personally I have a Lumina 920 and bought a new computer with Windows 8, and currently I'm unimpressed with a fair number of things so far (Metro is underwhelming, and Xbox music is a fail so far). As a Windows System Admin I currently can't see Win 8 rolled out to the Enterprise.

If Microsoft wants to compete needs to hit grand slams, right now Surface, Windows 8, and Windows 8 mobile need to work (pretty much flawlessly). Articles have been written about this, MS needs major wins if they want people to abandon Apple or Google. I have a fair share of my fingers in Apple's pie and moving to MS has had major pain points just so far, I also do not want to own a brick in 6 months if MS changes strategies. I'm looking at some Windows mobile 7 users, 7.8 is hardly what they expected for a device less than a year old.

If MS priced the Surface lower and had more apps for the RT product maybe I wouldn't be so skeptical.

if people were posting factual statements I wouldn't have to be defensive, but I will not let people get away with lies and half truths.

lowering the price of the Surface would cause people to immediately think it isn't as good as the iPad, then they would go and buy the iPad. It is a premium device and needs to be priced as such. Want to buy a device based on price? Get an Acer, and you will get every bit of what you paid for (ie not much)

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The disconnect between reviewers and users is at a crazy level with this device. I am writing this right now on my surface, and have been grabbing this device everywhere I go. The longer I have had it, the more I use it and the better it gets for me. If you go over to gdgt.com and look at the reviews of the surface it is funny. On the left side is the "professional" reviews and on the right side are peoples reviews who own the device. There is what a difference there.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that's a term I reserve for people who are so emotionally tied up in their toys that they can't think rationally about it anymore. The kind of people who get angry whenever someone post a contrary opinion. The kind of people who immediately turn to personal attacks at the slightest whiff of someone who isn't as irrational about it as they are.

Then you are not describing me. I have multiple tables/phones on each OS. It's my job, I have to. So I look at these devices and ask how they can make me money, not which one I'm emotionally involved in. And speaking of that, you don't really see that level of emotional involvement with Windows; it's mostly the Android and iOS camps.

The only issues I have here are people that come in and make blanket statements like "the Surface RT sucks" and similar. And it's worse when they don't even OWN the device. Most of those types of comments come from members who troll the unread posts and jump into forums sections, make a comment and continue on. Other people may have fount out the devices just wasn't for them, and think because it didn't work for them it won't work for anyone.

There is clearly no one tablet or OS that is better than the other. Some can do things better, but it all come does to what your needs are. So again, just because you returned your Surface RT, doesn't mean people here can't think rational anymore. And calling people fanboys will get you flamed every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion