Volume rocker loose?

MSkulker

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The touchscreen died on my Surface RT. I just received its replacement from Microsoft. The new unit seems identical to my launch-day original except in one respect - the volume rocker on the new unit feels loose. I remember (I think) the original one feeling quite solid. This new one has a significant travel between when you start pressing the button and when it actually makes contact with the interior switch. There appears to be a little spring pushing back on the button, but it doesn't feel strong enough, resulting in a "loose" (and cheap) feeling rocker.

Anyone else have a rocker that feels like this? Is this a new design change to address the "sticking rocker" issue?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The touchscreen died on my Surface RT. I just received its replacement from Microsoft. The new unit seems identical to my launch-day original except in one respect - the volume rocker on the new unit feels loose. I remember (I think) the original one feeling quite solid. This new one has a significant travel between when you start pressing the button and when it actually makes contact with the interior switch. There appears to be a little spring pushing back on the button, but it doesn't feel strong enough, resulting in a "loose" (and cheap) feeling rocker.

Anyone else have a rocker that feels like this? Is this a new design change to address the "sticking rocker" issue?

well i got my surface on launch day so it does not feel like this for sure.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
actually mine is quite loose. I can't remember if it was loose since I had it though or if it loosened through use and being mad at the volume rocker sticking issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo