SNES Emulator is out!

Soxpranos

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, gotcha. I was trying to get them to work right from my surface. So unzip on desktop then transfer over to Surface.

Appreciate it guys

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Well it could be available for the windows phone, at least it seems fully feasible, but what games would you play that wouldn't be **** without a physical controller? The touch controls on the surface are fairly horrendous (to be fair a two way blame as Microsoft's cores aren't optimized properly with touch, and touchscreen gaming without tactile feedback can only be so complex). I would try to message the developer if I was you and see if s/he might have future plans for wp, but i sort of doubt it, sorry :/

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Games with simple controls i suppose. Street racer, Jurassic park, donkey kong would look lush :)

Ive used these kind of things on a android phone and they worked fine.

It would also give us more games to play considering the lack of them on wp at the mo.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Snes8x is on the wp8 marketplace and its free :D:D wooohoooo!!!

Time to get some of my fave games on the go. Now this will keep me very happy til our games for wp8 sorts itself out.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Look for snes roms mate on google. Upload them to skydrive and download them to the app.

This app is amazing but would prefer full screen support. some games the music sounds a bit fast, donkey kong is the worst for this but its more than playable and it looks lush on the 920 screen!

I would also like to see a run jump button for games like mario and dk. Quite difficult to do with separate virtual buttons.

Last edited:

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen them controllers that surround iPhones? They give you an analog stick and buttons. Anything like that available for Nokia phones??

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen them controllers that surround iPhones? They give you an analog stick and buttons. Anything like that available for Nokia phones??
I don't think there are actual controllers that support that(Nokias), but the Fling controller may work. One would need to modify their game for the Fling Mini... It might work though.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there are actual controllers that support that(Nokias), but the Fling controller may work. One would need to modify their game for the Fling Mini... It might work though.

The emulator would also have to support it i guess. One step at a time ;)

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Well it could be available for the windows phone, at least it seems fully feasible, but what games would you play that wouldn't be **** without a physical controller? The touch controls on the surface are fairly horrendous (to be fair a two way blame as Microsoft's cores aren't optimized properly with touch, and touchscreen gaming without tactile feedback can only be so complex). I would try to message the developer if I was you and see if s/he might have future plans for wp, but i sort of doubt it, sorry :/

Well looks like I was wrong about windows phone not getting snes8x :)

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Im so happy that you were wrong and that snes8x is on wp8. I have a major retro side to me and this emu is one of the main ones i wanted.

A megadrive/genesis emu would be wicked as i love the old sonic games and even though its very unlikely an n64 emu would be insane, albeit very difficult to play.

The great thing about it is i have access to so many of my childhood games that are just not on mobile marketplaces...so gaming in wp8 just got a whole lot better for people like me :)

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If you want some other emulators for your phone, here are a couple I have found... Works with WP7 and 8..

vNES Light (NES Emulator)
Purple Cherry (Gameboy Emulator)
Blue Tomato (Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator)

Tronberry

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a splitter for xbox controllers and it works with 2 controllers for all the SNES games I've tried. I believe Super Mario Kart only supported 2 players, so that will be the limit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb