12-02-2015 10:47 AM
182 12345 ...
tools
    Two days away from getting a Surface. This is how I feel right now.

meme.jpg
    abel920, despertador and Guytronic like this.
    02-27-2013 01:07 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meme.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	29597
    That is how i felt AFTER i bought it.
    02-27-2013 02:59 PM
    I will be waiting for latest chips to be present inside it. I am hoping that MS could bring Snapdragon 800 into it and I will buy two of them.
    02-27-2013 06:34 PM
    So I'm walking around Best Buy pricing various things and I just couldn't do it. I couldn't wait any longer! I took the plunge and grabbed me an RT! I'm typing on it right now using my 4 year old Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. A tablet, with Office, with wireless mouse/keyboard support, with wireless printing. Oh it's business time.
    02-27-2013 10:43 PM
    Go to desktop click on the volume in the lower right corner then click on the top of the volume thing that pops up. Its an icon thingy. Then you can enhance the volume. My Rt has great sound now. Also should look into getting a microsd card for apps.
    Great thanks for the info which enhancement
    FreedMania likes this.
    02-28-2013 05:42 PM
    I thought long and hard about how I'd most likely be using the tablet and opted for this 32gb Surface yesterday. The storage is not a problem for me as my pics and music are on the desktop hard drive and I'm using more of the cloud as of late (i.e. Skydrive) Web browsing, emails and Netflix (movies look great!) are mostly what I use it for and this is one beautiful package. I really like the battery life on this thing as opposed to the Pro. I chose not to get the touchpad...just didn't like the look and feel of it. Typing this with a wireless HP keyboard. Haven't had my Surface for 24 hours yet but I must say I am one very satisfied customer so far! MSFT for the win!
    bawboh86 likes this.
    03-01-2013 02:11 AM
    I was waiting on the Surface Pro but I wasn't impressed with the battery life or the price. So I decided to finally get a Surface RT but to save some money I ended up getting mine off craigslist. The guy only had it for a month and it was mint condition. Just cost me $500, I got the 32gb Surface with touch pad and a 2 year warranty so I don't have to worry if anything happens. I'm loving it so far and it serves just about every use I could want. If I really end up needing a laptop though I'll probably pick up an Asus vivobook, that 11.6'' model with touch screen is pretty nice.
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-02-2013 10:08 AM
    Got the Pro and was really disappointed with the battery and the heat.

Took it back and got a RT. Really happy with it, I have a beefy desktop so the RT will fit most of my needs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-02-2013 03:35 PM
    I just got a 32g Surface RT with a blue keyboard, booting it up now. :)
    KoukiFC3S and HeyCori like this.
    03-03-2013 02:51 PM
    Got mine today, a 32GB RT, and it's simply awesome!

edit: one day later - it's even more awesome! :)
    Last edited by ph3n0m3n0n; 03-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    03-05-2013 05:37 PM
    As an addendum....friend of mine bought the new Samsung tablet same day I got my Surface...took one look at mine and traded his in for a Surface RT the next day!
    HeyCori, KoukiFC3S and despertador like this.
    03-06-2013 05:53 AM
    As an addendum....friend of mine bought the new Samsung tablet same day I got my Surface...took one look at mine and traded his in for a Surface RT the next day!
    Probably a wise choice given Samsung's recent announcement to pull out of the RT race. RT will live or die based on what Microsoft does with the Surface. It's the best selling and probably the only selling RT tablet.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-06-2013 09:32 AM
    Sorry for OT but how do you guys read wpcentral on your surface rt? Via browser or is there any app available? Thanks!
    03-06-2013 01:00 PM
    I read via the browser. As far as I know, WPCentral does not have W8 app.
    ph3n0m3n0n likes this.
    03-06-2013 01:53 PM
    Great thanks for the info which enhancement
    I have bass boost, virtual surround and loudness equalization selected. On my surface the sound is pretty good now. But if I want to go really loud I have a monster clarity or even louder my Bose setup I connect. But for basics like YouTube and such this helped tremendously.

P.s sorry for the late respond.
    03-12-2013 09:53 PM
    I bought one this weekend at my local Staples store... they had just gotten them in Thursday and only had the pro and 32 GB rt with touch cover so that's what I chose. $691 later I'm glad I picked it up. Took it off the charger today and gave it a good 5 hours heavy usage taking notes in class and doing other work (didn't write a single thing all day thanks to this :D) and arrived home with about 40% battery. Very impressive, this is the ultimate productivity device imho! Not to mention all the interest by my friends (the same ones who love my WP devices but never buy them).
    04-08-2013 07:13 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meme.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	29597
    Exactly same for me!! Just. can't. be. patient!!!
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-12-2013 04:18 AM
    After weeks of reading and watching reviews, took my decision and ordered one , received it today, really impressed with the build quality and screen colors and performance, I have already ativ smart pc pro, so was no need for surface pro, as I needed longer battery life
    HeyCori and bawboh86 like this.
    04-12-2013 07:29 PM
    I ordered mine today and I'm super excited! :D I ordered it without the TouchCover because the store I ordered it from had a great deal for the 32GB version without it. I am thinking about buying a blue TouchCover but I'm not sure so I want to know what you think. Is it worth buying a TouchCover?
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-12-2013 02:51 PM
    I ordered mine today and I'm super excited! :D I ordered it without the TouchCover because the store I ordered it from had a great deal for the 32GB version without it. I am thinking about buying a blue TouchCover but I'm not sure so I want to know what you think. Is it worth buying a TouchCover?
    I prefer the Type cover when it comes to typing. I guess that's kind of a "no duh!" thing.

The advantage of the Touch cover is that when you're holding the tablet with the cover wrapped around the back, you don't feel any keys.
    05-12-2013 03:15 PM
    I read via the browser. As far as I know, WPCentral does not have W8 app.
    Yes they do. Just check the score. IM on it right now and its awesome.
    05-16-2013 01:52 PM
    Congrats to those getting rt's.. I have a red touch cover.. That I will sell cheap as I am a Chelsea fan and I want cyan.. If you looking to pay retail.. Check eBay.. Got mine for like 65.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-16-2013 02:02 PM
    Well I was waiting for a Nokia Tablet but I honestly got sick of waiting. So I took the chance and grabbed the 64GB Surface RT with a Type Cover (sorry, the touch one is terrible to write long texts which is what I do) for 579€. Now I'm just waiting for Microsoft to dispatch it...

(yeah, I could have waited 10 days and get the Pro...but I ain't spending over 1000€ on a tablet. Legacy programs I run on my PC which is way more powerful than the Pro. And was cheaper lol :P )
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-20-2013 05:46 PM
    Week late, but I got my 32GB Surface RT last week when I forced Best Buy to match Staples pricing. :) I was like a kid in a candy store the second I walked out the store with it. To be honest, I haven't put it down yet. Except for the few times my sister has managed to get a hold of it. -.- (She even put her live account on it as well).
    HeyCori and phatboy66 like this.
    06-01-2013 07:11 PM
    Got mine today, as an early bday gift from my wife :)
    DBDev, HeyCori and Guytronic like this.
    06-04-2013 08:56 AM
182 12345 ...