12-02-2015 10:47 AM
182 ... 45678
tools
    Gonna pick one up in 2 hours!
    DBDev, WillysJeepMan and HeyCori like this.
    10-05-2013 07:44 AM
    Yesterday I bought the Surface RT 32 GB + touch cover bundle for 250€.
    Birthday gift to myself :D
    DBDev, WillysJeepMan and HeyCori like this.
    10-06-2013 04:24 AM
    Bough mine yesterday bundled with the touch cover and I gotta say I could not be happier with my purchase(especially since I got mine for 269 bundled). I can honestly say my laptop is going to feel real lonely from now on, I've had android tablets before but this is the first one I can see replacing most of my PC work. The only thing that bugs me a bit is the lack of quality apps and some if IE's limitations, but for this price I can live with that. Having used the device for 24 hours now I wouldn't mind paying 500 for a bundle to be honest.
    DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    10-17-2013 08:00 AM
    Typing on my new one right now! Looking forward to using it in court tomorrow. I haven't really done anything yet, but I have many ideas from reading the posts here. Thanks to everyone.
    HeyCori and DBDev like this.
    10-23-2013 09:58 PM
    I'm writing this post using my new surface I just bought today :)
    10-28-2013 12:28 PM
    Its been two days so far and let me tell you I love my surface so much. Its fast and the battery lasted 12 hours and I updated it 8.1 it became faster.
    I don't why people complained about the touch cover I mean its good for a cover :)
    10-30-2013 04:45 AM
    I don't why people complained about the touch cover I mean its good for a cover :)
    It's good as cover but as keyboard is uncomfortable, rarely I use it. And it does not protect the back of the tablet. Indeed I bought this cover: Custodia originale Stilgut Ultraslim con funzione di supporto per il Microsoft Windows Surface RT (nero): Amazon.it: Elettronica ;)
    10-30-2013 06:48 AM
    I've had my Surface RT for three months now and I find it so useful that I just ordered one for my wife (that manufacturer_certified ebay deal still reappears from time to time). What really sealed the deal for me is the desktop skydrive integration that came with 8.1 and the fact that we both have Windows phones. There's a bit of an app gap on the game side of things, but I'm not a big gamer and I think the Metro UI annihilates the Android UI on my Nexus 7. And the UI flows naturally onto the web interfaces, like the Skydrive web UI. Compare the skydrive web UI to the Google Drive web UI. Google has no concept of aesthetics.

-E
    DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    11-01-2013 12:46 PM
    Went to do an evidence review, took photos of some evidence items w/ my Lumia 822, uploaded them to skydrive, met client in court later in the day and he was able to review the photos while we were waiting for the case to be called. Finished with his case, worked on a motion in Word in the courtroom while waiting for other case to be called saved the draft to skydrive, finished it back at the office and got it filed. I still haven't done much personal set up, but I am loving the Surface RT!
    E Lizzle, HeyCori, DBDev and 4 others like this.
    11-12-2013 12:15 AM
    Got my Surface bundled with touchcover for a great price for Black Friday. I only entered the "tablet market" in June with a Kindle Fire (which I love too) but the increased functionality of the Surface is great. I love being able to have internet, Word, and Powerpoint open at the same time in Desktop view. The one-app-at-a-time limitation of other tablets annoys me greatly, which is one (of many) reasons I refused to get an overpriced iPad/mini. While I'm not a huge fan of the 1/3 - 2/3 snap split screen (maybe Microsoft can integrate a 1/2 and 1/2 in future firmware updates???), I can still watch Netflix in a 1 square inch block while doing something else so... something I cannot do on my Kindle.

Will I write a term paper on the Surface? Probably not...I don't see anyway I'm going to get my 80 wpm on the touchcover. But for day-to-day piddling...taking to school...this thing is absolutely amazing. I finally bought something without the sinking feeling of buyer's remorse that usually sets in within 1 or 2 days after the fact.
    DBDev, HeyCori and Guytronic like this.
    12-03-2013 01:09 AM
    1/2-1/2 is already supported in Windows 8.1.
    screenshot-75-.png
    Laura Knotek, DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    12-03-2013 01:25 AM
    Oh my, what can I say. I got my Surface RT 64gb on a little known WalMart in-store cybermonday special (I know, doesn't make sense) for $249. Cracked it open & let it do all it's updates. Today played with a touch & PURPLE type 2 in Staples - can't decide; the touch is nicer than I thought, but the purple is so..well....soooo purple. This thing is truly like a little computer. I really think if MS could just get this device into people's hands...... I've had a Lenovo tab (sold yesterday on Ebay) & a BB Playbook (sold it on Ebay the day before yesterday). This is one device that I can actually use for work & play.
    HeyCori, DBDev and Guytronic like this.
    12-09-2013 09:51 PM
    I have a surface pro and love it...deals are so good on surface rt got my wife one for Christmas!!
    12-16-2013 07:30 PM
    I got the 32 gb model with the touch keyboard on black friday at the microsoft store. Waited four hours in that line in Tyson's Corner, only for people to pour into the store who weren't in line. Thankfully I got my tablet! Totally worth it :3
    12-17-2013 07:07 PM
    WA (double) HOO!!!
    Me happy now...
    pro1.jpg
    pro2.jpg
    pro3.jpg

UPS stopped by here 23 minutes ago and RT'd me!
    Apoc, DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    12-23-2013 08:15 PM
    Got my Surface RT 32GB on Black Friday from Best Buy. Love this machine! Was waiting to get the black type cover, but once I saw the purple type cover 2, went ahead and paid for it. I can't believe how great and powerful this device is! Why did I ever even listen to any of the reviews on these so-called tech sites, trying to downplay this device. Always complained about the lack of apps, but forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the entire purpose of apps was due to certain devices could not use every website, due to certain plug-ins. Since I can access every website, why on earth would I want to use an app instead? So the notion of not enough apps is really invalid in my book, I rather the actual website any day. I'm able to get my work done with Office being on here. Haven't turned on my laptop since I've got this great device. Now I will admit, I keep my desktop on 24/7, so I do access it via Remote Desktop, whenever I need to do the heavy workload on this device. I think I will just end up getting the Surface 2, now I've been using the first one and love it.
    Guytronic, DBDev, HeyCori and 2 others like this.
    12-24-2013 11:46 AM
    Guytronic, DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    12-24-2013 11:50 AM
    Got my Surface RT 32GB on Black Friday from Best Buy. Love this machine! Was waiting to get the black type cover, but once I saw the purple type cover 2, went ahead and paid for it. I can't believe how great and powerful this device is! Why did I ever even listen to any of the reviews on these so-called tech sites, trying to downplay this device. Always complained about the lack of apps, but forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the entire purpose of apps was due to certain devices could not use every website, due to certain plug-ins. Since I can access every website, why on earth would I want to use an app instead? So the notion of not enough apps is really invalid in my book, I rather the actual website any day. I'm able to get my work done with Office being on here. Haven't turned on my laptop since I've got this great device. Now I will admit, I keep my desktop on 24/7, so I do access it via Remote Desktop, whenever I need to do the heavy workload on this device. I think I will just end up getting the Surface 2, now I've been using the first one and love it.
    Couldn't agree more!
    Haven't had enough time with the Surface yet especially after waiting for minutes and minutes of updating
    We'll be on the fast track here in the next coupla days tho...

Gratzo to us happy Surface people.
    DBDev, HeyCori and Apoc like this.
    12-24-2013 01:48 PM
    Just got a Gen 1 Surface for Christmas. I love it!
    Guytronic, DBDev and HeyCori like this.
    01-01-2014 07:15 PM
    I'm glad people still buy this even though the 2 has come out, the RT is still a REALLY great tablet!
    Guytronic and HeyCori like this.
    01-02-2014 11:56 AM
    I'm glad people still buy this even though the 2 has come out, the RT is still a REALLY great tablet!
    Mee2

The 3 year old Win7 notebook I have is running way slower than my S1.
    I'm pretty sure it's loaded down with malware though.

Took me about a week to get comfy with the Surface trying to figure out the best way to use it.
    It's so nice because I feel like I don't have to have it plugged in constantly.
    Very impressed with battery time!
    01-02-2014 01:25 PM
    I picked up a 64GB RT from Walmart during there black Friday weekend deal. Overall I love the experience, I actually use the Surface RT more than my MacBook Pro for almost everything. Some areas of the experience seem sluggish but not overall distracting from the big picture. The IE app in the Metro view is brutally slow so I find myself in the desktop environment more often for browsing and e-mail through Outlook. For the price this tablet can't be beat but MS can improve on the Metro experience. Overall I'm happy to be back in the MS eco system, in fact so much. I switched from a 5s to s 925. Enjoy your Surface RTs.
    DBDev, Guytronic and HeyCori like this.
    01-08-2014 11:28 PM
    I've had my RT since August and I still love it. it's miles better than the samsung galaxy 7 that I had. that thing was a pile.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    Guytronic, HeyCori, DBDev and 1 others like this.
    02-12-2014 08:38 AM
    I'm now thinking about getting the Surface RT 2, due to how great the Surface RT is! And now that the rumors of the new LTE version passing FCC, I may now wait for this instead.
    DBDev likes this.
    02-22-2014 10:30 AM
    I'm still primarly a university student with no steady income, so I will likely wait a couple of years or until my first gen RT falls apart until I upgrade into the next Surface. I hope they are still around by that time, if not, I'll get a Surface 2 from somewhere :P I really love the Surface and everything it stands for and I wouldn't consider a non-Surface product to replace my Surface RT.
    WillysJeepMan and DBDev like this.
    02-22-2014 10:34 AM
182 ... 45678