The I got a Surface RT Thread

radioage54

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I received one from my better half for our 30th wedding anniversary! Surface RT 64GB, w/Black Touch cover. I also added a 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC I Class 10 card and a KHOMO ? Leather Case For Microsoft Surface RT and an i-Blason HD Matte Anti Glare Bubble Free Screen Protector for MS MicroSoft Surface Tablet RT Windows 8 Tablet Reusable. :love:

Bushybro

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Got a 32GB with black touch cover for my birthday and Christmas present in one. I love this thing. I purchased a 64 gig SanDisk sd card and also had a 320gb Toshiba USB drive lying around that I use with it. This is such a versatile device and after the firmware update everything is like butter. The only thing that sucks is that att uverse has been out of service in my area since before Christmas so I have to hit a hotspot if I really want to use it. If you guys are using some truly awesome apps, kick them out on this forum please

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine as well. Got just the Surface no cover in 32GB. Got it on the 16th of Dec and haven't really let it out of my hands since.

CoopII

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I finally got my Surface today and it's installing the Microsoft updates as I type this. I've used my friends and love it. I'm not sure when I'll be turning my laptop on again.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My laptop stays on my desk in my office at work now. I don't even bring it home on the weekend anymore.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
The last time I turned on my black MacBook was to make sure my files were off it to put on my HD.. I love this device.. Need a 64gb sd card..
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered I can have Wi-Fi at thousand of places throughout Thailand for less then 4 dollars per month. Don't think I will be missing 3G-4G any time soon.
Really loving my Surface on my flight back to Thailand watched 4 episodes of grimm and plaid a few gams for an hour while I had music running in the background and left it in standby till we arrived home and it still had 38% battery left.

anon(5562316)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd just add I have a surface and love it. Does so much stuff I used to have to carry a laptop round for. Btw for anyone that isn't aware remote desktop (modern or desktop) works great when connected to a windows 8 pc. Its almost like having a surface pro!

Bushybro

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered I can have Wi-Fi at thousand of places throughout Thailand for less then 4 dollars per month. Don't think I will be missing 3G-4G any time soon.
Really loving my Surface on my flight back to Thailand watched 4 episodes of grimm and plaid a few gams for an hour while I had music running in the background and left it in standby till we arrived home and it still had 38% battery left.

The battery life is absolutely awesome. Have been using it exclusively for the last two days and haven't even charged it. Mainly for games and browsing and just hit below 50%. All the folks out there hating on the surface have got to be nuts. This is a great device and so unique. I love the side glances I get at hotspots from iPad owners. They are probably wondering why a hard drive is dangling from my tablet, LOL. The apps will come my friends.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Surface recently, and have been going through the phases with it. First one was defective, got it exchanged and hopefully this one works out well for me. Just have to get used to the different controls and shortcuts cause some things are different than my WP8.

Bushybro

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Could you post what was defective about it just in case anyone else runs into the same issue? Thanks and congrats on the surface!

rhythmsyndicate

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy my Surface RT. It does pretty much everything my laptop did except a bittorret client. Can't wait for all the apps and games to arrive also.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just had a Surface fall into my lap :)

My mum bought herself a 32gb + touch cover. She didn't like it. I went over to her place to try and show her how to use it (have had windows 8 since RP), but she just didn't like it. So she gave it to me. So I'm the proud, but surprised owner of a new Surface :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I just had a Surface fall into my lap :)

My mum bought herself a 32gb + touch cover. She didn't like it. I went over to her place to try and show her how to use it (have had windows 8 since RP), but she just didn't like it. So she gave it to me. So I'm the proud, but surprised owner of a new Surface :)

Very nice

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my ipad 2 and bought a Surface. I hope I'm not being over zealous but I just really loved my wp8 so much that I had to get one (I love the Surface too). I should get it next week. I might have purchased before checking one or two vital things that I currently do with my ipad 2 but decided to take the deal. Does anybody know if the Surface can connect wirelessly to a projector? I would assume so since it has Bluetooth but still any answers? Also does anybody know if wp8 can be used as a remote to control the device when synced to a projector for the purposes of PowerPoint or DVD?

Any help would be valuable. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss