Internet Explorer 'Go Back' Button...

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Every time I swipe to go back or press the back arrow, the browser goes back and then immediately jumps forward to the original page I was trying to go back from. This is super annoying. When pressing or swiping twice in a row, it will skip to two pages back instead of the desired one.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know a quick fix? I must say, Internet Explorer has been very disappointing thus far.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Internet explorer is not disappointing, the web sites you are using are.

some websites will redirect you to their page rather than directly go to it so you will need to go back twice.

its a cheap trick to get you to stay on the sites page.

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This happens anytime I run a google search, I doubt it is the websites. When I go back twice in a row, it actually goes back three pages. This is not working as intended. IE definitely needs some updating, I really hope they give it the care in needs. Web surfing on a tablet is the most important feature, this needs to be fixed.

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't even understand how they don't have sub menus figured out. You guys all say that it is based on the websites, yet my lumia can handle sub menus just fine. One press opens the menu then the second press will open the link. Unfortunately, it seems like the mobile team at MS and the Surface team do not get along. This is more than likely why these features are not carried over.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
as someone who does webpages all the time, I can say it's a bit of both. one of the many web technologies out there is called AJAX which allows the website to update itself and change the content dynamically without having to refresh the page. Hitting "back" wont recsll any ajax calls and that Is the website's fault.. however it IS possible to fake the back button and script it and IE10 may not support that.. so that's kind of both..

though I agree about the submenus.. IE needs to fix that..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077