JBL Power Up speakers

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just got a cyan JBL Power Up speaker. My Nokia Lumia 920 works great with it but I also want my surface RT to connect to them. I have gone into my surface settings, gone to device, then clicked "add a device". It starts to look but it never shows up. I've tried everything I can think of; disconnecting my lumia 920, turning off and on the speakers, and clicking "Not what your looking for?" and reading all the info. Is there some trick that I need to know to make my surface compliable with my JBL Power Up speakers. Or should I just give up and live with out it.

Help please!!!

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys figured it out. Apparently I just didn't know how to pair a devise to it. I just hold down the Bluetooth button on the speakers. I feel stupid.

mgk69

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got one of these and have managed (after screwing around for a few hours) to connect it to my Lumia 920, Surface RT and Windows 8.1 Desktop.

I found I had a few driver errors but going into device manager (using devmgmt.msc) I managed to get it to work. For Windows 8.1 I had to update the drivers for my Bluetooth device, for the Surface RT I uninstalled the Bluetooth Radio and then restarted, when it reinstalled it all worked.

So yes - it can connect to all these devices - if you're happy to persevere with it!

It could only connect to one device at a time though, so while setting it up I had to make sure I turned off the Bluetooth in the others, e.g. turned off Bluetooth on the Surface and phone when trying to set up the Desktop.

Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros