Cut the Rope updated to Xbox Live, can't login to Live though

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Cut the Rope was updated to Xbox Live status on the Surface, but when I try to login to Live I keep getting "cannot sign in.". Anyone else having this issue?

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Same here! I thought it was only happening to me

Btw, this game was previously a non-Xbox LIVE and was selling for $4.99, right?

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
A lot of Xbox Live games have this issue when they first come out. They're not able to connect until a week or so after you can download the game. The same thing happened most recently with (the x86/x64 only) Pac Man Championship Edition.

Edit: I take it back, Pac man just came out for ARM / Windows RT this evening.

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's not anything that they have to update, it'll just fix itself on the server side in the near future, if the past is any guide.

bXo69

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all :: Can anyone who has had this problem confirm that it comes good after a few days rather than the anecdotal "It happened with other titles"?

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a common thing with new Xbox Live Games. After a few days it will work. The longest I had the problem with was Pac-Man. Ended up emailing the company and they resolved it basically the next day. Great customer service!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
You'll see in a few days that you're wrong. PacMan took about a week before it was fixed server-side. Fruit Ninja took more like 3 days. It's happened with every single Xbox Live release at their initial launch. The reason you don't notice it usually is because you don't actually see games in the Store immediately; they only show in new releases a few days after launch, despite being present (and searchable) in the Store. Because you already had Cut the Rope installed, you got the update to the Live version as soon as it was approved in the Store, in this case.

You don't have to believe me, but it's been the same way for every other Xbox Live game.

Edit: And... I was incorrect in this case- see below.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No it was not free, the first like ten levels were free then you had to pay $4.99 to continue playing.

When i downloaded it on my Surface i didnt have to pay and im past the magic box which is a lot more than 10 levels.

Maybe becasue I had already purchased the game on my phone it was free on my Surface??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz