One Million Surface's Sold - Good Or Not?

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I have a nexus 7 instead of a surface is price. I could afford $250, not $500+. And if I could right now I don't see a whole lot of a reason to get a surface over a iPad other than office and Xbox integration.

MS has a lot of work to do on surface and windows phone. Like making it easier for live enabled games to be released. When huge games like Where's my water and Perry aren't live enabled that is an issue imo.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I have a nexus 7 instead of a surface is price. I could afford $250, not $500+. And if I could right now I don't see a whole lot of a reason to get a surface over a iPad other than office and Xbox integration.

MS has a lot of work to do on surface and windows phone. Like making it easier for live enabled games to be released. When huge games like Where's my water and Perry aren't live enabled that is an issue imo.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

You are right. MS has a lot of work to do with almost every part of their ecosystem. Most of it only has 3 months of implementation. But you're missing the big picture MS is going for. It is not a short term goal. They will be in every part of your computing world. Social, personal, music, gaming, communication, work, and everything else you could use a computing device for. I like that my Vaio interface is exactly like my RT interface. And with MS account, any other W8 computer I log onto will have exactly the same setup I have setup. RT is still trying to find its place in the world and MS isn't helping it honestly. It is a tablet OS with a few more bells and whistles. But, IPad to OSX and Nexus to Chromebook don't even compare. All my settings are synced from W8 to RT with same interface. The people knocking RT have never used one. And if you have you did not take advantage of anything MS already has in place. Does it have some room for improvement? Most definitely. Not denying that. But when it is in place and working, people will ask themselves how they got things done without it.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You are right. MS has a lot of work to do with almost every part of their ecosystem. Most of it only has 3 months of implementation. But you're missing the big picture MS is going for. It is not a short term goal. They will be in every part of your computing world. Social, personal, music, gaming, communication, work, and everything else you could use a computing device for. I like that my Vaio interface is exactly like my RT interface. And with MS account, any other W8 computer I log onto will have exactly the same setup I have setup. RT is still trying to find its place in the world and MS isn't helping it honestly. It is a tablet OS with a few more bells and whistles. But, IPad to OSX and Nexus to Chromebook don't even compare. All my settings are synced from W8 to RT with same interface. The people knocking RT have never used one. And if you have you did not take advantage of anything MS already has in place. Does it have some room for improvement? Most definitely. Not denying that. But when it is in place and working, people will ask themselves how they got things done without it.

I understand what MS is trying to do, they just aren't doing it very well and are sending out mixed signals as of late. For example Windows Phone not getting any new live enabled games for 6 weeks now? Putting live on ios via wordament.

Believe me, I am pretty heavily invested in the MS network other than surface which imo is too expensive. I have a win 8 laptop, Windows Phone, 360, outlook email, use Bing rewards, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand what MS is trying to do, they just aren't doing it very well and are sending out mixed signals as of late. For example Windows Phone not getting any new live enabled games for 6 weeks now? Putting live on ios via wordament.

Believe me, I am pretty heavily invested in the MS network other than surface which imo is too expensive. I have a win 8 laptop, Windows Phone, 360, outlook email, use Bing rewards, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I will agree with you again. MS is doing a piss poor job of getting it rolled out, setup and advertised. If it wasn't for following some forums, I wouldn't know what is going on or how it works. I still don't really know how it all works but you have to start somewhere.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am very interested in the Surface but I probably won't be an early adopter until their ecosystem/apps/firmware/software updates bring things up to par. Price point is a huge issue for me as well. Although the tablet is finely constructed of very good materials I just don't see spending $500 plus when I can spend half as much and get more out of say a Nexus 7. I'm waiting for a first generation price drop to make it worthwhile.

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
For me office was one of the biggest selling features. Have you tried apples so called office tools? They are garbage and when someone sends you even a written document what is it usually in? Office! I don't get why you want us to put down the fanflag. It's just what we like and are used to just like all the apple fanboys love to show off the amount and quality of their apps. Does iPad have office? No.. Then it is a compelling feature

I am very happy to have an actual copy of Office on my WP and will be when I pick up a Surface, but having used both Apple's offerings and Office I can't say that Apple's Pages, Numbers and Keynote are garbage. They are very good apps that can create Office compatible files. They just aren't Office apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett