Drop Box App for Windows RT

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure how long the drop box app has been out, but it is available via windows 8 store now. It works on the windows RT..now if they could integrate into office for Windows Phone 8, that would be awesome.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think that there's an API issue there in that I'm not sure MS has any accessibility to Office's cloud functionality. I'm sure they did this on purpose to get people into SkyDrive more. I haven't messed with Office too much while developing besides the Interop classes to create files/reports from data, so I can't personally say too much about it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think that there's an API issue there in that I'm not sure MS has any accessibility to Office's cloud functionality. I'm sure they did this on purpose to get people into SkyDrive more. I haven't messed with Office too much while developing besides the Interop classes to create files/reports from data, so I can't personally say too much about it.

at least thou, it is out via Windows 8 and RT has it available.

it is just like the Skydrive app on Windows 8. Lastly thou, boxfiles for WP8 works great.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a cloudy box user (waiting for the update for auto upload, I used it heavily on my last phone). I think it's all right, but I find myself not using it, but using SkyDrive all the time anymore, even though I have more space in Dropbox than SkyDrive thanks to a promotion I got.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The Dropbox app is INCREDIBLY basic. You can only open your files, no uploading, no moving files around, you can't even download the files. It feels very rushed and needs A LOT of improvement.

Doesn't matter to me though, I switched to Skydrive a long time ago for all my cloud storage needs. Works amazing with my Windows 8 desktop, Windows 8 laptop, Surface RT, and Lumia 900. Sorry Dropbox, but with your failure to properly support these platforms and only offering a pitiful 2GB compared to the 25GB I got with Skydrive, you've lost my business. Even with all the upgrades and promotions, I only have 8GB on Dropbox but 28GB on Skydrive. There is only one Dropbox feature that I miss, and that's being able to sync Shared folders in the desktop client. With Skydrive, you're limited to the website for shared folders.

Asd2Sd2

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I use "File Brick" metro app. It can browse files in cloud storages, support Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box. And all basic file operation: copy/paste/move/rename/delete/new folder.
File Brick is really a fantastic app! This app provides a great way for me to interact with my files saved in various locations. (Really better than "Dropbox" app)
BTW, "RainbowDrive" is also a good app for cloud storage.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use "File Brick" metro app. It can browse files in cloud storages, support Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box. And all basic file operation: copy/paste/move/rename/delete/new folder.
File Brick is really a fantastic app! This app provides a great way for me to interact with my files saved in various locations. (Really better than "Dropbox" app)

+1

File Brick is INCREDIBLE. I switched off the cloud services I don't use via the File Brick settings, and now have a consolidated set of tiles for all of my cloud services and content. What a great app.

Rogerlee072000

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

+2
I also use File Brick on Win8
And RainbowDrive is also good, it integrated my Google drive, Skydrive and dropbox space & files, and
most important, it helps me categorizes them! Now I can sort my Photo & audio files easily. As I say, why
I have to switch myself from each cloud service APPs? The integration APP is even better than them.

PS. With RainbowDrive, my all clouds space is totally 40GB :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa