Surface RT price match in UK

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing Surface RT for a self-gifted birthday treat on the 19th Feb. I understand that Surface Pro is going to be released on 9th Feb and some people are predicting price drops for the RT model on this date.

I've looked on the Microsoft Store website (we don't have physical stores in the UK) and they say that they do not offer any price match guarantees, so went to look at John Lewis and they offer a 30 day price match guarantee - albeit only if you see a reduced price at a physical store and not an online storefront.

I'm obviously going to wait until the 9th to see if there is a price drop, but will i definately have to go into a John Lewis store to find a discounted price, if they did drop the price after i'd purchased my tablet (which is over 40 miles away from me)? Has anyone else had experience of John Lewis price-matching their own website pricing?

Also; do any of us really expect them to drop the price?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect a price drop. That sounds like another rumor similar to Microsoft allowing you to trade in your Surface with WinRT for a Surface Pro. They would kill the sales of the Pro. Although Apple does do this with their iPad (drop the price when a new model come out). But the Pro is different. Well, it's the same but different.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Theres no release date for the Pro in the UK yet either so we might be waiting a bit past the 9th. Also agree with NickA I very much doubt the will drop the price of the RT. The Pro is a different animal and should be treated as such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa