How to email groups on Windows RT?

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
While being an A+ techcian I went against my judgement and got my mom a surface RT a couple of days ago. I moved all her stuff to a new microsoft account and created a outlook.com email for her. Everything is good now, her contacts are synced, email is running well, but the thing that bugs us, is that there is no way to email a group of people.

So, we recreated everything for her on outlook.com email, even the groups and everything worked perfectly on the browser. Now there's a group named "family" which is the one she uses the most (to spam me and my brothers lol with those "if you pass this email to 1000 people this puppy will be rescued" ...), but i digress; she wants to be able to send it to all of us without having to select each contact individually. In my WP8, its super easy to do, and especially in outlook, windows live mail and outlook express. I searched the store to see if there was such an app, and clicked and right-clicked everywhere for this kind of option to no avail. The groups we made on outlook.com don't even appear on the "contacts" app on the surface!

So, does anyone know how to do this from a Windows RT device???? I just don't want to tell her that she needs to log into outlook.com on the browser everytime to send email, that's what the email app is there for. I'm so desperate for MS to release outlook for RT too, but i don't know if that will happen even, so i need a solution now.

Thank you all for advice and tips - Paul

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
make group on outlook.com and see if you can reference that group in the Mail app, I've not tried it on Surface but I know it works on outlook.com.

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
make group on outlook.com and see if you can reference that group in the Mail app, I've not tried it on Surface but I know it works on outlook.com.

it does work on outlook.com, but not in the Windows RT, this is a big fail for MS. i just can't believe my wp8 has more emailing capabilities than an "internet based OS"... oh well, stil searching for an answer guys, keep'em coming :D

Thanks for a quick reply though, inteller ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon