Play games on Surface with your Xbox 360 controller!

pr0phecy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
For the ones who did not know this.
If you're like me, and you really hate to play games with touch screen controls, check this out.
You can actually use your wired Xbox 360 controller to play games on your Surface RT! Right out of the box, the Surface recognizes the controller when you plug it in its USB port. No drivers needed, no fuss. You can play the games (which you downloaded from the MS Store) with the XB360 controller (don't know if they ALL work, but try it out!)

For the old skool gamers between us, download Snes8x in the store (for free!) and you can play all your favorite SNES games with your controller (you have got to have the ROMs off course)! No more annoying touch screen controls but now actual tactile feedback ;-) How awesome is that?

Apologies for the ones who did already know this was possible, but I think alot of people are not aware of this fun fact. I for one didn't know this until last week and frankly it baffles me that Microsoft did not advertise this. At all. This is one thing that really sets the Surface RT apart from other tablets. Good luck plugging your XB360 controller in your iPad and playing games with it, without hacking and using convertors or what not ;-)

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Soulcraft and reckless racing, those work splendidly  It should work with other games, just try em!

Yeah there are actually quite a few games that have it enabled. Most of them tell you if they are controller enabled in the specs

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you tried to connect your surface to TV and play snes8x? mine runs great on tablet, but once outputted to TV, the frame rate drops to half and the sound starts crackling. :(
I ran YouTube with no issues though.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you tried to connect your surface to TV and play snes8x? mine runs great on tablet, but once outputted to TV, the frame rate drops to half and the sound starts crackling. :(
I ran YouTube with no issues though.

I will try it tonight and let you know but the last time I tried I didn't notice anything

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
snex8x is really a mess right now. When the app first came out, seemed the games worked fine and played it with controller like nba jam, nhl hockey, mario kart, street fighter, mortal kombat.

Then the massive amoutn of updates followed and made the games unplayable. I can't even scroll correctly in most of the games and in nba, my guy runs to the right of the screen. It is not a controller isue because the only game that seems to work is nhl hockey 98, blazers vs bulls, and desert strike. Most of the games i've tried, have the scrolling issue where it just keeps going up when trying to select an item and then can't control the game.

I remember the app was like rated 4 stars for months, now it is down to 2 as people are having major issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss