How to map SkyDrive folder in Windows RT

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea why this method just gives me a blank folder? It automatically names itself Skydrive, but when I open it, there's nothing. Has anyone run into this before?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps try to retype entry in folder field. Also, this method doesn't keep a local copy, so you will need an internet connection to access it.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've actually tried multiple times to make sure everything was typed in properly, and it definitely shows up blank even with an internet connection. The weird thing is that I used this method when I first got my Surface and it was great, but I recently changed my Microsoft Account ID, and for whatever reason it just doesn't work with the new ID. I found a few other people with this issue on various Microsoft forums, and the response is "We can't troubleshoot it because this isn't an approved method of syncing to Skydrive." Lame.

Anyway, I appreciate you trying to help. Hopefully I can find a solution somehow.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have a feeling its because you changed your ID. Sometimes when you make changes to a MS account it can take up to a month for everything to work together. I noticed this when I tried to remove one of my laptop as an authorized device for my wife's Live account and shows that it will take about 30days to remove.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You can do this with Box.com accounts too:
File explorer -> right click "Computer" ->Map Network Drive ->

You can have it listed as a network drive, or a folder:

If you want it to show up with a drive letter, enter the following in the Map Network Drive window:
http://www.box.net/dav/
and enter your username / password as prompted.

If you want it to just show up as a network folder, select the "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures" on the bottom of the screen
Hit Next -> Next -> then specify the Internet or network address as:
http://www.box.net/dav/ ->Next
and enter your username / password as prompted.

It will take 30 seconds or so for the drive to show up.

I use network drives as a way to connect (2) different accounts to my Surface (I have both a Google, and an Outlook(MS) Box.com account). I use one account with the App, and the other with the network drive - you can switch them up all you want. This allows you to browse cloud files in the desktop file explorer, which is useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes