New Surface RT Firmware

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft released a new firmware to the Surface RT today. I did not see any release notes with it. There were also about another 15-20 other updates. Anyone find any release notes for the firmware or notice any changes or improvements?

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a note to check twice for updates. First time it had 14 most of witch were office related and the firmware. Checked again and there were all of the IE fixes and updates.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I used to frequently experience the Wi-Fi limited connectivity problem on my Surface and it would be infuriating as it would happen quite randomly (working perfectly one second, I switch to a different app, and it stops working, so I have to toggle Airplane mode on and off to get it working again). I only noticed this problem with dual band routers (2.4GHz and 5GHz), whereas I never had this problem with single band routers (2.4GHz).

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I have seen no improvement in performance, nor did I expect any since they did not make any such statement. On that front though lots of people always seem to suffer from a quasi placebo effect. As for the firmware update, it has made no difference with respect to the limited connectivity problem, except that it now does not always say limited connectivity even if that is the case.

vdek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Things seem a bit smoother with the Surface now. There was an IE and flash update as well along with all the office apps. Also the firmware increased the maximum volume level I believe, however it sounds a little distorted now at maximum volume depending on what you're listening to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire