Mine for Facebook -The first dare I say...great Facebook app for Windows 8

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Def. check it out...been playing around with it. Not only does it visually best any other facebook app out there but it works really nice and has more features than the facebook website has.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If it is for Windows 8, this should be posted in the Windows 8 forum. Surface RT runs Windows RT which is not Windows 8. If something is a great app for Windows RT then people should say so, especially when in a Windows RT or Surface RT forum. Sorry for the criticism but the unwillingness of some to distinguish between Windows RT and Windows 8 is the source one of the most common pseudo-criticisms of Surface RT.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's for Windows 8 and RT, since it supports ARM processors.

mine_for_facebook.png

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious why you would use an app when you can just pin the website to your home screen? Apps are good for your phone, if the phone browser doesn't render the website features that you need. But for a tablet with excellent browser capabilities, I'm at a loss at why a need for some of these apps.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why you would use an app when you can just pin the website to your home screen? Apps are good for your phone, if the phone browser doesn't render the website features that you need. But for a tablet with excellent browser capabilities, I'm at a loss at why a need for some of these apps.

I like apps over website because the apps aren't full of garbage and advertising. I'll pay so I don't have to deal with advertising. Same reason I left Gmail and love outlook.com. Clean UI with little to no bs and I can focus on what I'm doing and find it fast. No need to wade thru the junk. Sometimes its nice to have the added options, but most of the time its just more crap on the screen to get lost in.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I downloaded the app to try it out. And well it is nice but..... it says you can have five feeds for free but I can't seem to add the feeds I want. Even if I uncheck other feeds I have to pay to add the ones that I want. I don't like that. Don't tell me I can have five feeds then lock it down to only certain five feeds. Unless I'm missing something here. Please let me know.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Notifications...more touch friendly.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I downloaded the app to try it out. And well it is nice but..... it says you can have five feeds for free but I can't seem to add the feeds I want. Even if I uncheck other feeds I have to pay to add the ones that I want. I don't like that. Don't tell me I can have five feeds then lock it down to only certain five feeds. Unless I'm missing something here. Please let me know.
Not sure...i didn't make custom feeds..just my general news feed is what i use.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if this is the best I'd hate to see the worst. It is a decent different take on FB, but people are not going to like something unfamiliar to FB apps shown on other tablets, or the FB website itself.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
if this is the best I'd hate to see the worst. It is a decent different take on FB, but people are not going to like something unfamiliar to FB apps shown on other tablets, or the FB website itself.
Well yeah, an official facebook app would be better...but the truth is, they are not even saying they are making one.

So for now, i'll take this...just sharing it with some others....use it if you would like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium