Online courses?

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say. But there is a way to add website to IE10's "whitelist".

I went to Best Buy and tried it. It works perfectly with my online courses. I almost bought it but I decided to wait a few more weeks and went to Guitar World to purchase a Strat instead.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Since different places use different web protocols, etc., this is something you can only answer for yourself for the course and institution in question. Some use flash, some Java, some Silverlight, and some HTM5. Of these, some will be fully compatible whereas others are simply not, and a few might require editing the flash whitelist.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since different places use different web protocols, etc., this is something you can only answer for yourself for the course and institution in question. Some use flash, some Java, some Silverlight, and some HTM5. Of these, some will be fully compatible whereas others are simply not, and a few might require editing the flash whitelist.

I answered my own question 2 posts above yours but thank you for the input.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and tried it. It works perfectly with my online courses. I almost bought it but I decided to wait a few more weeks and went to Guitar World to purchase a Strat instead.

sounds like me. If it is not some technology, it is a guitar... And now bike stuff.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sounds like me. If it is not some technology, it is a guitar... And now bike stuff.

Yea, I need to expand my hobbies outside of technology and politics. I just bought 2 guitars and will be buying a bass next. I will buy a Microsoft Surface in the coming months.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my surface rt does very good for my online courses and material. I have had to add a few sites to the whitelist, but that's it. It has stood up on its own plenty of times without my ultrabook. I use remote desktop over VPN or HTTPS to connect to computers at home or the office when needed.

The media screwed the surface rt... People were and are so misinformed that many missed out on a great device.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my surface rt does very good for my online courses and material. I have had to add a few sites to the whitelist, but that's it. It has stood up on its own plenty of times without my ultrabook. I use remote desktop over VPN or HTTPS to connect to computers at home or the office when needed.

The media screwed the surface rt... People were and are so misinformed that many missed out on a great device.

Yeah I had the new iPad and sold it 6 weeks after purchasing it. It is great for a game and movie consumption device but I didn't really find any reason to have it. I think the Surface is the way to go. I need a productivity device, not a gaming machine.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am really hoping to get one by summer. I had to drop over $300 on books this semester, so it set me back a bit as well.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I need to expand my hobbies outside of technology and politics. I just bought 2 guitars and will be buying a bass next. I will buy a Microsoft Surface in the coming months.

Yeah, my last guitar was an acoustic bass. Just got it 3 weeks ago. I have really nice electric bass that replace another one I had. I gave away one electric guitar and sold my acoustic, but still have my face electric guitar and classical guitar...

Once you get the instruments, you go down the dark road of accessories and amps. All worth it when you are jamming with friends and possibly a gig.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I had the new iPad and sold it 6 weeks after purchasing it. It is great for a game and movie consumption device but I didn't really find any reason to have it. I think the Surface is the way to go. I need a productivity device, not a gaming machine.

yep! I thought I would keep my ipad2 that was purchased a little over a year before, but I promptly sold it within a week of owning my surface. The iPad did not hold a candle to the real productive benefits the surface provided. I for one needed a tablet that could really hold a candle to a real computer, yet was still a great tablet. The surface rt is that machine.

People who can replace a computer with a. IPad never needed a computer in the first place. The surface is perfect for people who need a light weight windows package foe consumption and more than a little office (plus) applications. Anything more for me and it is get a real computer. That is why I like my current setup. WP8, Surface RT, XPS 13 Ultrabook, up to my many desktops that are more powerful or a different OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss