Stress cracks on glass?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I use my surface every day for well over 12 hours a day. Sitting in my lecture right now I just noticed what seems to be stress cracks in my glass! I can't feel them and they kinda look like scratches but the pattern makes it look like its not a scratch. They only appear in two spots on my surface the top right and top left.

Does anybody else have these or have any thoughts?

WP_20130227_001.jpg

ps: its in an area that I pinch (thumb there) when I walk around with it

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sure it's not scratches in the Oleophobic coating.

That's what I thought at first but its weird that there are no scratches anywhere on the screen except where my thumbs go when I hold it. Its really hard to get a good look with the lighting in this lecture hall (and the pictures I took don't show anything at all). Trying to see maybe if anybody else with an RT notices any cracks where their thumbs go

Adenohedron

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just checked mine out and I don't have anything like that. Neither does my friends surface. We both have Zagg Invisible shields though. I hope you can get it repaired/replaced without too much hassle.

:cry:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
yeah but what happens when the warranty ends. It's an option, do you have the ms warranty or one from best buy or staples

Do you people work for Zagg? What would possibly make you think, if it is a stress fracture (i.e., a glass defect), that a glorified screen protector would help? BTW, actual English would be "You should have gotten the Zagg screen protector for $45.00," not "Should of got the zagg screen protector on 45 bucks."

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Clearprotector.com is a better site for screen protectors. They have lifetime warranty and are better than the zagg. Easier to apply, not as think and foggy and can be re applied as many times as you take it off.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed some on mine. I saw a few hair thin lines close to the bottom edge. very strange. I will try to post a PIC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes