Check for updates and 13 updates should be there (most for Office). As well as a "Hardware Update" (with no description or support info), 2 windows RT updates (with broken links for the description page) and the well-documented Flash enabling update.
    jasqid likes this.
    03-12-2013 12:29 PM
    Oh this looks yummy! I'll update as soon as I get out of school!

screenshot-12-.png
    03-12-2013 12:32 PM
    That's weird. I have a firmware update instead of a hardware update.

screenshot-7-.png
    03-12-2013 01:00 PM
    That's weird. I have a firmware update instead of a hardware update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (7).png 
Views:	16 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	30417
    awwww you broke it!
    03-12-2013 01:07 PM
    I got "firmware update" too. I wonder why the difference?
    03-12-2013 01:31 PM
    Checked again after updating and THEN i had a firmward update. So for those with the hardware update, check again. For those without the hardware update I don't know. I'm on a 64gig tablet if that makes any difference?
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-12-2013 01:55 PM
    I got "firmware update" too. I wonder why the difference?
    It seems to me they updated/boosted/did SOMETHING to the sound driver. Speakers sound louder and stereo separation is better.
    03-12-2013 06:43 PM
    I had a firmware update and an Office update.
    03-12-2013 06:44 PM
    R u sure u are not imagining this, although as im typing this the sound of the typing is loud haha
    03-12-2013 08:23 PM
    It seems to me they updated/boosted/did SOMETHING to the sound driver. Speakers sound louder and stereo separation is better.
    I am afraid I will have to agree. Sounds alot better and louder
    03-12-2013 10:41 PM
    hard to say, maybe a little louder...
    03-12-2013 10:44 PM
    R u sure u are not imagining this, although as im typing this the sound of the typing is loud haha
    People have been claiming sound improvement after the monthly updates every month since October. If you take all of the classic placebo effect comments seriously, the thing should loud enough to break glass and crack plaster. I have noticed no difference, nor did I expect any. If they do not call out a change, it usually is not real, just people wanting to sense something perceptible.
    03-13-2013 03:36 AM
    my ignore list, congrats....you made it! I also asked the mods to add another z to your handle so every is good and proper. Have a super day!
    03-13-2013 07:54 AM
    I personally have not noticed the sound being any louder. I never really had an issue with the volume to begin with.
    03-13-2013 02:28 PM
    My power button takes a longer press now. At first I thought it was damaged or going out, but I saw the same complaint on another forum and made the connection. It worked fine (and as expected) before, don't know why they did that. Makes it feel flakey now.

I really wish they would improve sound. It is cabable of more volume, some sources are plenty loud while others are barely usable. The update that provided enhancements did actually help, no placebo effect there. This update I noticed no difference. Oh well, I knew that when I bought it so I won't complain too loudly.
    03-14-2013 09:31 AM
    Every time you press the power button to turn it off, there is no indication that it is turning off. You do not even know it is turned off unless you try to press the windows key. All these little things, MS has lot to work on.
    03-14-2013 09:43 AM
    Every time you press the power button to turn it off, there is no indication that it is turning off. You do not even know it is turned off unless you try to press the windows key. All these little things, MS has lot to work on.
    What do you mean by "turn it off"?
    03-16-2013 10:04 AM
    What do you mean by "turn it off"?
    when you press the power button and try to turn it off, the screen goes black. It is the same behavior when you press the power button to turn off the screen (display). Nothing on the screen tells you the device is powering off.
    03-16-2013 04:33 PM
    My L920 is louder than my RT. I noticed it last night when I went on IE on my Lumia to listen to the daily prayer on ODB website, when I usually listen to it on my Surface.
    03-16-2013 05:06 PM
    when you press the power button and try to turn it off, the screen goes black. It is the same behavior when you press the power button to turn off the screen (display). Nothing on the screen tells you the device is powering off.
    The "power" button isn't an on/off switch. It just puts the device into standby. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Use the "shutdown" option in charms/power to actually shut down the surface.
    03-16-2013 06:17 PM
    The "power" button isn't an on/off switch.
    Actually, yes, it is. Holding it down for 6 or so seconds will power down. There is no indication of what's happening. This is standard stuff on other devices and a valid complaint. But it doesn't have anything to do with this update.
    03-16-2013 06:30 PM
    Actually, yes, it is. Holding it down for 6 or so seconds will power down. There is no indication of what's happening. This is standard stuff on other devices and a valid complaint. But it doesn't have anything to do with this update.
    Huh! I never knew that. Perhaps the reason it doesnt give any indication is because youre not supposed to do it this way. Its kind of like a desktop or laptop, when it freezes, sometimes the only solution, but a bad one, is to hold on to the power button to force it to shutdown. Except its not properly shutdown, and you could lose unsaved files.
    03-16-2013 06:50 PM
    Uh - that is a FORCE POWEROFF. Same as a laptop. Or a macbook pro. Or a desktop. After a few seconds being held down, the Motherboard kills power. There is nothing to see because it's not doing a shutdown, it's just pulling the plug. VERY BAD for your OS.

If you want to cleanly shutdown, the only way to do that is via the Power/Shutdown choice.
    03-17-2013 08:40 AM