Hi,

my friend finally brought me a Surface RT from the States (I live in the Czech Republic) but when I first played with it I noticed a bunch of black pixels in every photo (see the attached pics). I cleaned the camera lens but it is still there so I guess the sensor is faulty - could anyone confirm this? Also, do you think Microsoft in, say, Germany, would repair this considering the device was purchased in the US? Thanks!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails picture002.jpg   picture003.jpg   picture001.jpg  
    03-24-2013 05:14 PM
    Likely to be faulty. I never had this problem with my Surface RT or Surface 8 Pro.
    03-24-2013 09:59 PM
    looks like you got a dust particle in the camera housing or a defect on the sensor. I do believe that you should not have problems getting this exchanged. Contact Microsoft on the https://myservice.surface.com site. Register your device's serial number (under the kickstand) and then contact support. You can open a chat session with MS. Explain the problem. I am sure they will exchange it. I am not sure if shipping to your country is possible. Hope you have no problems with that.
    If you live close to Germany and you happen to know a MS Store location I am also pretty sure they will exchange it for you when you explain your problem to them.
    Let us know how it goes.
    good luck
    (I got mine exchanged twice without issues. I realize that your situation is different)
    03-24-2013 10:03 PM