New versions of Windows RT

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope it follows the same form factor and premium materials. That said, I wont looking into upgrading my Surface before its 2 years old at least, if even then, but I hope when I do that there's basically the exact same device with better hardware inside available. I love just about everything about the Surface RT as it is.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope it follows the same form factor and premium materials. That said, I wont looking into upgrading my Surface before its 2 years old at least, if even then, but I hope when I do that there's basically the exact same device with better hardware inside available. I love just about everything about the Surface RT as it is.

I agree. I wouldn't mind the exact same device except maybe a little thinner/lighter and wayyyy faster processor and an full HD screen. I would like to be able to use my same type cover. Although I know more than likely that won't be possible. lol

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
With the upcoming Blue update and rumors of phablet form factors, I think they're going smaller with a 7" screen, since it doesn't make sense to put Windows Pro in a screen that small. I wont buy anything smaller than a 10" screen though.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see an 8 or 9 inch version.
Personally I think the 10.6 inch is just a little too big.
I certainly am glad that it's wide screen go.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
wait so is this a thread about a new version of Windows RT or Surface for Windows RT...

Id like a Tegra 4, 2gb RAM, and 1080p. That's it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what she said. :D

well I've got the 10.6 inch version and my girlfriend seems to like it a lot! Every night when she goes to bed she grabs it. And she'll be on it for hours. It last a long time too, so sometimes she'll be on it till the break of dawn!

The kids love it too!

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it includes an active digitizer screen. I'm good with the size of the Surface. More resolution obviously helps (more of a selling point than an actual benefit IMHO). Also, they should adjust the kickstand to angle it more like the Surface Pro (or have the ability to set the kickstand at multiple angles). They need to also fix the logo and have a lighted logo on the rear instead of that awful matte painted on thing.

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've always wanted to buy a Surface. I went to a store and was happy to find one...Until I took it in my hands. It needs to be thinner and lighter. As soon as it is, I'll get one.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it includes an active digitizer screen. I'm good with the size of the Surface. More resolution obviously helps (more of a selling point than an actual benefit IMHO). Also, they should adjust the kickstand to angle it more like the Surface Pro (or have the ability to set the kickstand at multiple angles). They need to also fix the logo and have a lighted logo on the rear instead of that awful matte painted on thing.

active digitiser is what the RT is missing for me, great device but I miss just picking up the stylus and writing in OneNote, if they added a digitiser I'd upgrade.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
***Not so related to the subject alert*** it might sound crazy, but I think Microsoft should drop the "Windows" brand and renew itself completely. Same with Internet Explorer... Why would you hold on to old names that people hate nowadays. Show people how you want them to see you. Right now Microsoft is letting people say whatever they want because nothing is clear. It is that old/new Microsoft that you don't know if you want to trust it (for many).

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
***Not so related to the subject alert*** it might sound crazy, but I think Microsoft should drop the "Windows" brand and renew itself completely. Same with Internet Explorer... Why would you hold on to old names that people hate nowadays. Show people how you want them to see you. Right now Microsoft is letting people say whatever they want because nothing is clear. It is that old/new Microsoft that you don't know if you want to trust it (for many).

Exactly! Which they say was their reasoning for rebranding Zune to Xbox Music.

John Lukitsh

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
wait so is this a thread about a new version of Windows RT or Surface for Windows RT...

Id like a Tegra 4, 2gb RAM, and 1080p. That's it.
I think the Tegra 4 is able to handle up to 4gb of RAM... I don't know what a tablet would use 4gb of ram for at this point, but who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven