Lost all Google Contacts and Calendar after update, Now what?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought 4 new Windows 8 machines in the last 3 months and used Google Mail, Contacts and Calendar, now after updating the machines I no longer have these programs to use. This is really not what I bought in for. So my 1500 customer files and hundreds of Calendar events are gone. Glad I still have my Mac equipment. This is a disaster for Microsoft. Not how to win friends and customers.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Its Google's fault, they're the ones that dropped EAS integration so abruptly.

MS said they are updating integration but not sure how long that will take.

I don't understand why people blame MS for problems created by Google. That's why I've dropped all my Google stuff for MS. I just use YouTube and Google Analytics.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Its Google's fault, they're the ones that dropped EAS integration so abruptly.

MS said they are updating integration but not sure how long that will take.

I don't understand why people blame MS for problems created by Google. That's why I've dropped all my Google stuff for MS. I just use YouTube and Google Analytics.

MS also chose not to support Google's standards. The knife cuts both ways. MS said "do it our way or it won't work" and Google called them on it. Now MS is hustling to support the way Google does it. Also, calDAV is not proprietary, so MS really has no good reason to not have supported it sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs